Details: determined on experience
168 Newbury Street
Movement City-Lawrence CommunityWorks seeks an individual to run an innovative department called The Clubhouse. The Clubhouse, established with the support of The Clubhouse Network, a project of the Museum of Science, Boston in collaboration with the MIT Media Lab, offers young people (ages 10 to 18) the opportunity to work on projects they find meaningful to their lives, using computers and technology. The program provides support and resources for young people to pursue their interests and build upon their talents.
LCW’s Movement City (MC) provides creative opportunities for youth ages 10 to 18 to explore and express themselves creatively while developing skills to live fulfilling and socially responsible lives. We do this by engaging youth in creative art and design, academic enrichment, and leadership development opportunities.
Lawrence CommunityWorks (LCW) is a network of individuals and families that are changing the City of Lawrence from a place of few opportunities to a community where families and neighborhoods thrive.
The Clubhouse Coordinator position is a full-time job. Responsibilities include:
· Help Clubhouse members develop projects (e.g., help them come up with ideas, gather materials, get started, locate mentors to work with them, and support their ongoing work).
· Recruit, train, and support volunteer mentors, ensuring they work effectively with youth.
· Support youth in planning for the future, including pursuing academic and job opportunities that leverage their Clubhouse skills and experience.
· Provide basic computer maintenance, including file management, trouble-shooting, and technical support to Clubhouse youth and mentors.
· Provide administrative support for the Clubhouse program, including keeping records of participants and keeping the Clubhouse space organized.
· Assist in fund-raising and publicity for The Clubhouse, communicating Clubhouse philosophy, goals, and results to external sources.
· Participate in The Clubhouse Network, attending Network meetings, sharing ideas and issues, and supporting collaborative projects across Clubhouses.
· Support other programs and activities of Movement City with Clubhouse expertise and resources
· Work with MC Director and other staff in creating and supporting a safe, productive and engaging learning environment
· Work with MC youth and staff to organize events aimed at connecting youth to opportunities, each other, and LCW
· Work collaboratively with MC Director and other staff in the accurate documentation, evaluation, and reporting of MC programs and activities
· Participate in weekly staff, department, and individual meetings
· Work with staff to implement effective youth outreach and engagement strategies
· Adhere to all MC and LCW policies and procedures
Movement City Core Staff members will be expected to take on other responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Desired skills and experience:
· Passion for and experience with working with teens and adolescents
· Experience with computers and interest in technology as a creative and empowering tool;
· Demonstrated ability to reach out to youth, parents, educators, and community leaders;
· Interpersonal skills, including an ability to get along with people of diverse backgrounds and abilities and a talent for making people feel welcome and included.
Excellent organizational skills.
Ability to manage various tasks/projects at once.
Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
Fluency in Spanish and English strongly prefered.
Health and Dental Insurance.
Vacation/Personal and Sick time
Simple IRA (3% employer match after one year)
Group Life Insurance (Offerred after completing one year of employment)
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish and English prefered.
Minimum Education Required