1011 1st Ave.
Catholic Near East Welfare Association (CNEWA) is all about transforming compassion into action. Across the Middle East, Northeast Africa, India and Eastern Europe, CNEWA is hard at work in places where war and poverty shatter innocent lives. Long after others have left, we remain there providing consistency and hope to the Catholic Eastern churches and the communities they serve.
CNEWA is actively seeking a dedicated Development Associate to join our highly skilled and enthusiastic team of Development professionals. CNEWA seeks a driven and multi-talented Development Associate with a passion for our mission and with the proven ability to engage, encourage and cultivate donor support and relationships. The ideal candidate has Development experience, excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, is flexible and personable, and has a strong positive attitude and work ethic.
· Creates and manages mid-tier donor stewardship programs and helps oversee activities of Donor Services team.
· Manages logistics and provides crucial support for the Parish Outreach Program.
· Strategizes with Development colleagues on strategic cultivation activities and encourages consistent donor engagement and support.
· Maintains high standards of excellence in all internal and external donor communications and relationships.
· Customizes presentations for meetings and donor events, helps develop impact reports for donors, proposals and supporting documentation for select funders, and ensures timely reporting to assigned donors about the impact of their gifts.
· Oversees production of accurate and timely research reports created by Donor Services.
· Working closely with Director of Development, provides and manages monthly year-to-date revenue reports and trends.
· Assists in the planning and implementation of special events, including stewardship and fundraising activities
· Performs additional duties as directed by the Director of Development and as needed to help advance the mission mandate of the organization.
• Minimum 2 yrs. proven experience in Fund-Raising/Development office and a strong passion for humanitarian causes.
• High level of business etiquette and poise. Energetic, excellent work ethic, organized and a willingness/ability to “roll up sleeves” and multi-task.
• A comprehension of the Catholic Church, culture and terminology is a plus.
• Exhibits inclusive world view and an understanding of the Eastern Churches, with a grasp of the social, cultural and political environments of the countries and people served by CNEWA.
• Sharp customer service and communications skills with an ability to interact with donors across all levels.
• Ability to travel and flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
• Excellent interpersonal abilities.
• Experience with databases and CRM platforms. Web and social media savvy.
• Bachelor’s degree
Full benefits package including medical, dental, life, 403- B, pension, vacation, sick days etc
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you share these interests and a passion for advancing CNEWA’s humanitarian and pastoral programs, please forward your cover letter, resume to HR@CNEWA.org. Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
CNEWA is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. We bring our world into your world online and in social media every day.