27 Centre Street
Reports to: Deputy Director
Supervision of Personnel: None
Job Summary: This full time position provides support to various program services activities. These activities include but, are not limited to assisting job development teaching life skills, job readiness skills, scheduling union site visits and performing other administrative tasks. This person should have excellent written and oral skills and be able to work and flexible schedule (attend community meeting and meet with students who are job placed). The person must be able to network with individuals in both the private and public sectors to develop career building opportunities for YouthBuild students.
Employer Relationship Building (20hrs./wk.)
· Assists the Deputy Director with developing and maintaining partnerships in the public and private sectors that will provide career opportunities that are aligned with YouthBuild students’ interests and goals. This includes working with employers, unions and other workforce development agencies.
· With support from the Deputy Director, identifies, schedules and manages guest speakers, construction site visits, job shadow experiences, informational interviews and other activities that gives participants exposure to world of work.
· Plans and manages job search and life skills workshops including interviewing, resume preparation and other related activities that will facilitate job placement.
· Works with the Deputy Director to market the program to potential employers. This will include developing presentations about Youth Build Boston, participating in job fairs and attending other networking activities.
· Helps schedule job interviews and ensure trainees are prepared and conduct follow-up assessments.
· Work closely with employers to maximize student employment retention and success by providing mediation services to employer and employee as part of the job placement procedure.
· Work with key staff members, including Client Services Manager and Recruitment Coordinator, to develop and grow alumni services. This will include organizing workshops that will increase the employability of young (additional certifications and trainings, information sessions regarding job opportunities, and other related tasks).
· Contributes to YouthBuild program efficiency by developing materials and a job development program manual, report generation, data collection and analysis.
· Supervise young people in a variety of settings, i.e. job sites, field trips, community services events.
· Responsible for data reporting and other contract compliance reporting.
Job Coaching/Student Goal Setting (20 hrs./wk.)
· Ensure that every student has in written form, specific and measurable goals in their Individual Service Strategy Plans that address educational, life skills and/or employment outcomes. Use Mass CIS to help identify students’ aptitudes, interests and prospective career paths.
· Track student engagement and referrals and partnerships with outside agencies via case notes including Father Friendly, the SMART Team, Dimock, Whittier Street, DTA, local school systems, probation officers, case workers, guidance counselors, housing workers, street workers, coaches, etc.
· Coordinate with coworkers so that each participant achieves positive outcomes – increasing literacy, numeracy and life skills as measured by pre- and post TABES, NCCER tests and HiSET test scores.
· Coach students using their ISS’s, academic and vocational evals and benchmarks towards obtaining their high school credential AND matriculating to post-secondary colleges, entering advanced training programs or getting employed post YBB.
· Collaborate with Deputy Director, Project Development and/or Construction Managersor other staff to determine appropriate opportunities for employment, especially construction trades and unions.
· Establish and administer follow-up procedures to track and record youths’ retention outcomes for at least 12 months following their exit from the program.
· B.A. in Human Services/Administration or Job Development/coaching experience
· 2-3 years job development experience required
· Professionalism, maturity and the ability to work as a team and independently
Health, dental, 403B, life insurance
Minimum Education Required