- Are you an early-career nonprofit professional ready to take on an administrative leadership role?
- Do you have successful work experience in nonprofit human resources, operations, or finance?
- Are you eager to join the Admin Team of a small and mighty nonprofit org focused on mediation and conflict resolution?
- Do you want to contribute your cultural competency, communication skills, and project management acumen to an organization serving thousands of New Yorkers?
- If this sounds like you, please read on for details and submit your cover letter and resume for consideration. (The offer for this opportunity will be made as either a Manager or Senior Manager, depending on the years of relevant experience that you bring.)
Location: New York City (“Hybrid” Work Model)
Job Type: Full-Time (Salaried, Exempt, 35 hours per week)
Start Date: October 2022
The Operations Manager works closely with the CEO, the Admin Team, an external professional employer organization (Trinet), an external accounting firm (Brand K), and an external IT team (Roundtable) to provide human resources management, IT and operations support, and fiscal oversight for the organization. The Ops Manager is intimately involved in the day-to-day functioning of NYPI’s two offices, including coordination of Operations, IT, and Human Resources work. The Ops Manager serves as a point person for all staff members, manages all administrative duties, and coordinates relationships with partners, vendors and contractors.
- Commitment to the mission and values of New York Peace Institute and to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment
- At least 5 years of experience in nonprofit finance, development, operations, and/or human resources
- Excellent listening, spoken and written communication skills
- Experience coaching and giving feedback to colleagues, engaging in difficult conversations, and communicating across difference
- Is a role model in the workplace - leading by example
- Excellent organization, time management, and project management skills; ability to coordinate among various stakeholders to complete projects and activities
- High level of cultural competency (the ability to communicate and interact effectively with people across cultures who have varying beliefs)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM platforms (for example, CLM, Network for Good), and website maintenance
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- An investment, familiarity, and/or lived experience in NYC
- Prior work experience in a mission- and culture-driven organization
Compensation & Benefits
We benchmark and set our salaries based on other similarly sized nonprofit organizations in New York City. The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $70,000. We also offer the following benefits to full-time employees:
- Hybrid workplace
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (Aetna) with generous employer-contributions
- Retirement 401k with matching up to $2,500 of eligible compensation
- 4 weeks of Vacation Time + 9 Paid Holidays + 2 Floating Holidays
- 12 days of Sick Time
- Hybrid work schedule
- Additional benefits include: Short- and long-term disability, Flexible Spending Account