District of Columbia
Title: Partnerships & Volunteer Program Lead
Reports to: Regional Program Manager
Location: Washington, DC
About the Organization
Upwardly Global is the first and longest-serving organization that focuses on helping foreign-trained immigrants and refugees integrate into the American workforce. We prepare immigrants and refugees for jobs that match their education and skills, and we provide employers with the know-how to create inclusive hiring practices so they can take advantage of this untapped and valuable potential. We are proud to help and welcome newcomers to the U.S.
This is an exciting role for anyone seeking a career path in either development, volunteer programming or corporate partner engagement. Our volunteer work aligns closely with our development and program teams. The Partnerships & Volunteer Program Lead (PVL) will cultivate new volunteers both for helping our job seekers secure interviews and placements and for those who may want to help us raise funds. This role is critical in cultivating our employer partner relationships and executing on our corporate engagements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
● Recruits, trains, tracks and retains a regional pool of volunteers in D.C., Maryland, and Virginia.
● Acts as the primary project leader / manager of regional corporate engagement events. Responsible for delegation of activities to interns and volunteer attendees and facilitation of events.
● Develops a larger regional volunteer pool to support program team coaching (e.g. info/mock interviews etc.) and coordinates informational interviews and Language partnerships in coordination with program team.
● Creates, tracks, and monitors volunteer-assisted program participant job placements (i.e. through volunteer network support and/or internal referrals).
● Liaises with Program Manager and Regional Program Director to ensure delivery of strategic corporate events and to create new prospects and new revenue as a result of volunteer/corporate relationships.
● Identify potential LC candidates from the volunteer pool.
● Responsible for maintaining accurate data and analytics to ensure an appropriate return on investment for events and volunteer activities.
● Collaborate with fellow Partnerships & Volunteer Program Leads in other offices on a regular basis to analyze and improve the Partnerships & Volunteer Program.
Knowledge and Skills Required
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
● 2 or more years of related work experience in volunteer programing, event coordination or marketing
● Experience with Salesforce or similar CMS preferred; excellent data management strongly preferred
● Experience with Marketing Automation Software preferred (e.g. Mailchimp)
● Strong cross-cultural sensitivity
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Very strong public speaking and presentation skills
● The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of and belief in Upwardly Global’s mission
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
● This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 10lbs.
● Requires the ability to travel locally and regionally and nationally; travel up to 10%.
● Must be available to work evening events and to occasionally work weekend sessions.
This is a part-time position requiring an estimated 20-22 hours per week with potential for growth over time.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English (Written & Spoken)
Minimum Education Required