Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
235 East 11th Street
The Music & Dance School Associate serves as point of entry for Music & Dance School inquiries and communication, provides day to day support to Music & Dance School staff, and provides administrative and clerical support to the Director of the Music & Dance School. The schedule is Sunday through Thursday, 9am to 5pm—some overtime required.
· Serve as customer service point of entry for inquiries and communications regarding school programs
· Assist with preparation and dissemination of Music & Dance School communications and documents
· Maintain Director’s calendar and expenditure reconciliations
· Organize and maintain files
· Provide administrative and clerical support to Music & Dance School staff
· Coordinate meeting and event logistics, including arranging for food and refreshments
· Provide front of house support at concerts and events
· Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the Harris Scholarship application process, Piano Certificate Program and Quarter Notes, the quarterly department newsletters
· Assist with Student Progress Reports and programs for concerts and recitals
· Monitor and maintain supplies for the Programs Office
· Perform other duties or special projects as directed by supervisor
· Knowledge of music and passion for the arts and arts education
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Experience in music and arts education strongly preferred
· Strong customer service experience and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
· Ability to listen to and engage people of various backgrounds
· Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to set priorities and manage competing demands
· Ability to draft and edit correspondence
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office. Experience with databases preferred
· Availability to work weekends and overtime as required
· Previous office experience preferred
Life insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b) with potential employer match, paid vacation, tuition discounts, transit benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please provide a PDF of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applicants, only qualified applicants may receive a response.
Third Street Music School Settlement is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.