About Prosperity Now
Prosperity Now works to build a fair and just economy free from structural inequity and racism -- an economy where everyone can fully participate across their life cycles and low-income individuals and families can prosper without exception. Founded as CFED in 1979, Prosperity Now recently underwent a strategic planning process to refresh its vision, brand, position, and programming model.
The Director, Individual Giving directs the organization’s comprehensive individual investment program, with a specific emphasis on major and planned gifts and family philanthropy. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Philanthropy, the Director, Individual Giving serves as a senior leader on the Development team and in the organization.
The Director leads individual fundraising efforts by identifying, cultivating, and stewarding donors with demonstrated and/or potential major gift capacity. The Director plans and manages a series of cultivation events annually and advances a multi-channel strategy to maximize donor engagement to realize short- and long-term revenue goals. The Director, Individual Giving helps build the development capacity of the Leadership Team, the Board, and other senior leaders and builds and maintains protocols and practices to foster a culture of philanthropy across the organization.
Team Management and Development
· Lead the development and execution of a comprehensive, integrated individual giving program with a particular emphasis on major and planned gifts through creating and maintaining a compelling case for support, implementing moves management strategies and best practice protocols, and establishing, deepening and managing the stewardship process for donor relationships across the organization
· Directly manage a portfolio of individuals capable of gifts of $5,000 and over, including existing and prospective donors, securing renewals and increasing their support over time, with specific focus on unrestricted giving
· Oversee the launch and growth of an annual fund, including integrated multi-channel strategies and appeals—supervising the efforts of the Development team to coordinate with program teams and Communications and Marketing staff to seamlessly integrate offline and online messages, fundraising collateral, and donor engagement experiences
· Oversee fundraising and cultivation events, integrating these events into the overall fundraising efforts, and coordinating with Development and Communications and Marketing staff on events, programs, and logistics to cultivate and steward current and prospective investors
· Design and implement a comprehensive strategy to grow the organization’s presence and influence by engaging high profile and high impact influencers and philanthropists
· Direct prospect research and the effective use of contact management systems and processes for staff leadership, other senior staff, and board members’ engagement with individual and family donors and prospects; oversee donor gift acknowledgement processes and reconciliation of revenue and projections with colleagues in Finance; oversee tracking of pertinent donor and prospect information in Salesforce, wealth screening and other research projects, and analytic reporting
· Launch and direct Prosperity Now’s planned giving program
· Drive high-level stewardship, solicitation, and prospecting of major donors and family foundations to meet annual fundraising targets
· Work closely across and with program teams to identify and coordinate strategic opportunities
· Work with Communications and Marketing to co-create engaging content to drive multi-channel donor engagement campaigns and activities
· Support Communications and program teams with strategic planning for the Prosperity Summit, focusing on the individual donor experience
· Work cross-functionally with teams to communicate impact, drive visibility for key audiences in support of fundraising opportunities
· Lead vision and production of investor and prospective investor facing products, including appeals, annual reports, marketing materials, website and other digital content
· Manage donor cultivation events to increase the organization’s visibility
· Work in collaboration with the VP of Philanthropy to strategically position the organization’s strategic plan and major gift investment portfolio in front of key stakeholders
· Work in collaboration with the VP of Philanthropy in institutionalizing funder relationships across the Development team
· Represent Prosperity Now at events and convenings featuring priority donors, partners, and influencers
· Support the Chief Engagement Officer and VP of Philanthropy in liaising with the Board Resource Committee to grow individual giving
· Educational background in related area of study with at least 10 years of relevant experience, including at least 7 years fundraising for mission-driven nonprofit organizations or in a comparable business development or advocacy environment
· Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as key strategies toward broad-based institutional excellence, representing a range of perspectives, thought, and actions
· Excellent relationship-building skills with diverse stakeholders, including funders, organizational leaders, and team members at all levels of the organization
· Stellar written communication skills with demonstrable success creating compelling proposals to secure grant funding
· Proven track record in securing major and transformative gifts
· Strong verbal communication skills to share complex information clearly and efficiently
· Ability to think critically and ask questions that advance conversations with diverse stakeholders
· Ability to influence stakeholders and drive outcomes at various levels of the organization, including upward management
· Capacity to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
· Previous experience with donor databases and/or CRMs, particularly Salesforce
· Previous program design, implementation, and/or evaluation experience, preferred
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This job description is subject to change at any time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information. The employee frequently is required to remain in a stationary position and constantly operate computer and other office productivity machinery.
May be required up to 70% of the time.
Prosperity Now is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity of background and perspective are strengths, and seek to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff. We encourage candidates from various backgrounds to apply.
About Prosperity Now
Prosperity Now works to build a fair and just economy free from structural inequity and racism -- an economy where everyone can fully participate across their life cycles and low-income individuals and families can…