Provide input into and implement strategy for all software development activities at WWF. Plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of IT software development projects at WWF US including the Online Gift Center, CRM and Ops Transformation systems. Manage the hosting provider and technical infrastructure of WWF US public web site environment.
- Responsible for contributing to and implementing all IT development strategies and policies. This applies to the Online Gift Center, CRM, Ops Transformation and other development initiatives. Conduct assessments of the right platforms and standards to adhere to. Set development standards including tools used and naming conventions. Create software engineering processes, practices and operations to ensure reproducible development and high quality, while keeping costs under control. Ensure that all internal and external development projects adhere to these standards.
- Review and negotiate contracts for development projects.
- Provide leadership to the internal development staff and oversee development work of external consultants.
- Develop and execute software engineering project plans; manage software engineering schedules and resource allocation and budget; this includes managing joint development with 3rd party vendors, and managing outsourced development.
- Ensure sound engineering design, process and quality practices are followed in software engineering projects. Develop product development processes including coding standards, technical documentation standards, QA processes, build, and configuration management.
- Work with business staff to identify and document business requirements for development projects to ensure development meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Engage in hands-on, in-depth analysis, review and design of the software, including technical review and analysis of source code. Lead reviews of in-house developed code, as well as technologies provided by 3rd party vendors
- Manage technical infrastructure of the public web site. Work with the Web Team to support the CMS system. Work closely with the On-Line Marketing team and the Web Team to develop and support technical solutions in support of on-line marketing strategies.
- Keep abreast of technological changes and innovations in the computer field, specifically development, web, and on-line technologies, including to but not limited to, Microsoft Technologies. Monitor technology trends such as emerging standards for new technology opportunities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or related field is required along with 10 years of related experience to include at least 5 years software architecture and engineering, 5 years experience managing critical IT projects.
- 5 years supervisory experience desired, managing software developers and external consultants. Experience in a customer service role serving internal and/or external customers and supporting the technical infrastructure of web sites.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft languages and technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills required to work with technical specialists and a diverse user community.
- Experience with secure coding techniques
- Able to plan and meet tight deadlines and to adjust to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated management capability including strong organizational skills, ability to delegate technical work, and oversee quality of technical products developed.
- Able to manage technical projects using basic project management tools.
Minimum Education Required