330 West 42nd Street
The 1199SEIU Benefit & Pension Funds provide comprehensive health, pension, and quality of life benefits to unionized workers represented by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East. We are among the largest labor-management funds in the nation, covering 400,000 members and their families.
If you’re ready for the brightest career future, join us in this excellent opportunity to showcase your talents. We are currently seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst III (Healthcare) for our Healthcare Analytics and Data Science department.
- Model and analyze proposed changes to hospital contract arrangements for purposes of contract negotiation support
- Develop and maintain program evaluation/financial budget reconciliations of Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and other value-based payment arrangements
- Develop and maintain advanced methodology related to primary care attribution and reimbursement of medical, hospital, and pharmacy services
- Participate in the evaluation of hospital and physician performance, employing industry-standard reimbursement and risk-adjustment methods (Medicare Severity-Diagnosis Related Group (MSDRG), Enhanced Ambulatory Patient Grouping (EAPG) System, Resource-Based Relative Value Scale (RBRVS), Diagnostic Cost Group (DxCG), etc.)
- Produce various other analyses and reports that aid in the business and strategic decision making of the 1199SEIU Benefit & Pension Funds
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantitative Discipline, Mathematics, Economics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, or equivalent years of experience required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum four (4) years experience in an analytical role in a healthcare environment (payer, provider, pharma, etc.), or 2 years with Master’s degree in analysis of hospital reimbursement arrangement required
- Proficient with software used for data mining, statistical analysis, and data visualization (SAS, R, SPSS, Qlik, Tableau, etc.) and Microsoft Excel required
- Knowledge of major components of the healthcare delivery system with solid understanding of healthcare reimbursement methodology, terminology, and typical coding conventions, health claims systems, provider credentialing and contracting, hospital contract negotiation, Affordable Care Act, Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program, and other relevant State and Federal health policy; Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and other value-based payment arrangements
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail is a must, with ability to manage competing priorities against strict deadlines, working both independently and as part of a team
- Superb communication skills both verbal and written
all medical, dental and prescription included with no copays. child care and tuition reimbursement. 401K
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent fully employer-paid comprehensive benefits package and talented professional colleagues. For consideration and to apply, please visit us at https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NBF1199&cws=1&rid=7565. Please mention you saw this ad in Idealist. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.