Details: $19.25 depending on experience
About Treehouse: Join a team that is passionately committed to helping every child in foster care succeed in school and in life! Treehouse staff and volunteers improve educational outcomes for youth in foster care by providing direct service education support and access to essential needs that all kids equally deserve. We also work at the legislative level to help develop, lead, and pass landmark reforms to reduce the inequities in the system that limit our youth from achieving their full potential.
Treehouse is a well-loved, community-based agency uniquely committed to partnering with schools, government agencies, caregivers, social workers, and funders to change the trajectory of kids in foster care by helping them graduate high school at the same rate as their peers with a plan for the future.
Treehouse values diversity and it is expressed in all aspects of our work, from the individuals and communities we serve to our organizational culture and our employees. We value the new possibilities that are created when diverse people, beliefs and perspectives are included in our work. We welcome alumni of care and encourage qualified individuals of every race, national origin, religion, age, disability or ability status, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity and expression to apply.
This role will support multiple teams within the organization and will be responsible for engaging volunteers, community partners, staff, students and caregivers. As part of a dynamic and expanding organization this role will lead volunteer engagement and youth career readiness work in Spokane and the Tri-Cities area. The Community Resource Coordinator will play a crucial role in expanding Treehouse’s network and community resources.
Volunteer Coordination 40%
- Create and implement an outreach strategy to build a network of volunteers and community supporters engaged in serving youth through fundraising and volunteering.
- Collaborate with Treehouse staff to design and execute a strategy for recruiting, training and supervising volunteers able to provide tutoring, mentoring and resource navigation for youth in foster care.
- Recruit and support volunteer ambassadors to represent Treehouse at donor and community events.
- Facilitate volunteer orientations and opportunities to expand community awareness of youth in foster care.
- Serve as primary regional contact for Treehouse Education Staff on available volunteer resources.
Career Navigation 25%
- Provide training and consultations to Treehouse Education Staff on utilizing career navigation and incentive tools to support student centered planning.
- Recruit, match, and support volunteers to host job shadows and informational interviews for students.
Resource Coordination 25%
- Maintain an internal resource guide for regional Treehouse Education Staff.
- Process background checks for vendors and volunteers based on policies and procedures.
- Identify and advise on services within the community to fulfill requests for financial and material resources.
- Administer requests from youth and Treehouse Education Staff for funding to remove barriers to academic and career goals.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with community organizations to increase student access to job training, certification and other post-secondary programs.
- Serve as primary liaison in Treehouse’s partnership with local community programs and organizations to increase student access to material resources.
General Program Support 10%
- Take initiative to establish and maintain open communication with staff, volunteers, students and caregivers.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communication team to identify volunteer and youth stories to be featured in publications and on social media.
- Compile and record monthly data on donor, volunteer, and student engagement in spreadsheets and databases. Experiences with VolunteerHub, Raiser’s Edge, and Dynamics CRM helpful.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative information collected from volunteers and students to inform continuous quality improvement.
Please see the job description for a full list of job duties.
Salary and Benefits: The starting hourly rate for this position is $19.25 depending on experience. Treehouse provides a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance paid by the employer. Paid holidays, staff appreciation days and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan are included. We offer a 403(b) plan with an employer match and dependent benefits are available. We also allow dogs at work and enjoy regular employee social events!
Applying for this position:
Submit cover letter and resume on our website at: http://www.treehouseforkids.org/about/careers/job-openings/. Once on this page click on “Job Openings” to see a list of open positions.
If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our online application system as a result of a disability, you may request an accommodation by contacting the Human Resource Department at email@example.com.
Treehouse provides a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance paid by the employer. Paid holidays, staff appreciation days and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan are included. We offer a 403(b) plan with an employer match and dependent benefits are available. We also allow dogs at work and enjoy regular employee social events!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Once on this page click on “Job Openings” to see a list of open positions.