2001 Mississippi Ave., SE
The incumbent is responsible for providing leadership to the program and his/her classroom staff and parents by developing, organizing and implementing the weekly lesson plan in accordance with the program goals, center policies, philosophy and curriculum. Classroom lesson plans are to be submitted to the Program Coordinator for approval on the Thursday of the week prior to when the new lesson plans will be implemented.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES (Responsibilities to include but not limited to the following:)
- Assisting the Child Care Center Coordinator in ensuring program and facility compliance.
- Providing and/or overseeing the provision of, adequate supervision and appropriate care for all children in his/her class or group at all times.
- Planning and initiating daily activities based on the assessed strengths, interests, and needs of all the children in his/her class or group.
- Assisting the CDC Coordinator in implementing the Facility's policies and procedures.
- Supervising subordinate staff.
- Attending in-service training programs and completing continuing education requirements as required.
- Communicating regularly with the parent(s) and/or guardian(s) of each child in his/her class or group about the development of their children.
- Assuming responsibility for the program of the facility in the absence of the CDC Coordinator, if and when so designated.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- B.A. in Early Childhood Education/Child Development preferred or a B.A. and Child Development Associate Certification.
- Must have two years of experience working with children from birth to three years of age.
- Must demonstrate experience in program management.
- Must possess the ability to interact effectively with children and families from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Must have 2 years prior experience in a NAEYC accredited program preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must have current Red Cross First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Excellent writing skills required.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Considerable concentration.
- Constant interruptions.
- Moderate noise level.
- Moderate sitting, walking and eye strain, light lifting, standing and bending.
Competitive and comprehensive benefits offered.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. We have 2 openings to fill - one in our infants room and one in our toddler room. No phone calls please.