138 South Oxford Street
Overview of Administrative Associate Position
The Administrative Associate is responsible for providing administrative support to all areas of
operations, and supports the overall workflow and systems of the UBW office. Reporting to the
Manager of Operations and Special Projects, the Administrative Associate will assist the UBW
Founder/Visioning Partner, Organizational Advancement Partner, and Manager of Operations
and Special Projects on projects and programs including, but not limited to:
● Maintain and synchronize the organizational calendars
● Organize and maintain office electronic and paper filing systems
● Organize and participate in weekly office staff meetings, bi-weekly full staff and internal
● Assist in maintaining UBW archival materials
● Keep track of and order office supplies as needed
● Maintain the organization of the office and storage areas
● Assist with office mailings including preparing mail merges for campaign donation
acknowledgement or solicitation letters
● Update and maintain the UBW mailing list and contact information in eTapestry
● Create and distribute the new email signature with engagement dates on a monthly
● Update and distribute the General Office Information document on a monthly basis
● Ensure that the office is operational and staffed by 9:30 am Monday through Friday or
at the assigned time as determined by senior management
● Answer phones and general UBW email accounts
● Check for and distribute mail on a daily basis
Summer Leadership Institute (SLI)
● Assist with SLI preparations and onsite support (the SLI is typically in July).
● Monitor the function of computers, printers and other office equipment
● Schedule appointments with the IT Consultant as needed
● Update Squarespace website with engagement dates and news items
● Work with Manager of Operations and Special Projects to execute Social Media plan
according to the Social Media schedule.
● Send out email newsletters using Mailchimp template and news items developed by the
senior management team
● Create weekly social media calendar to submit to Organizational Advancement Partner
listing all status updates/posts for the week
● Video editing and creation of video clips from full videos
● Send out intern job descriptions to appropriate partners and venues
● Schedule intern interviews
● Assign work projects to interns and track assignments and schedules
● Coordinate staff travel to speaking engagements, honorarium, conferences, campaign
and special events as needed
Actively seeks and attends professional development opportunities.
As part of a small staff, there will be other duties, as deemed necessary, to accomplish tasks
that may be outside of the scope of this job description. Duties may expand during times of
personnel change, when there are employee absences, and during special events.
● Bachelor’s degree
● Excellent organizational, writing, and computer skills, including knowledge of Google
Docs/Drive and Microsoft Office suite
● Preferred skills: eTapestry, Squarespace, Mailchimp, Photoshop
● Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects, and interact with staff at all levels;
● Creative, analytical, energetic team player and self-starter with a good sense of humor
and a strong desire to succeed
● Ability to work some nights and weekends, particularly during high-volume seasons
● Nonprofit experience and interest in arts, cultural or social justice organizations
● Video editing and production experience preferred
About Urban Bush Women
UBW galvanizes artists, activists, audiences and communities through performances, artist
development, education and community engagement. With the ground-breaking performance
ensemble at its core, ongoing initiatives like the Summer Leadership Institute (SLI), BOLD
(Builders, Organizers & Leaders through Dance) and the developing Choreographic Center,
UBW continues to affect the overall ecology of the arts by promoting artistic legacies;
projecting the voices of the under-heard and people of color; bringing attention to and
addressing issues of equity in the dance field and throughout the United States; and by
providing platforms and serving as a conduit for culturally and socially relevant experimental art
UBW is an equal opportunity employer
Compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid time off (vacation, sick
and holidays), health, dental and vision insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply
Interested applicants should email their cover letter, résumé and the names and contact
information for three professional references.
Email applications with subject line “Administrative Associate - First Name Last Name” to:
Tahnia Belle, Manager of Operations and Special Projects at email@example.com.
Please, no telephone calls.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and are accepted through November 1, 2018.