2348 Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Blvd.
IRIS HOUSE, INC.
Position Title: Program Coordinator Reports to: Sr. Director of Community Health Initiatives
Position status: Non-Exempt Location: Iris House East Harlem Office
<img src="//:0" height="3" width="626">
The Program Coordinator will be a peer with experience working with Young Men who have Sex with Men (YMSM), transgender, LGBT, and high-risk populations, trained in d-up intervention and able to effectively conduct outreach and service provision to young African- American and Latino population in Upper Manhattan and the South Bronx. The position will participate in recruiting for, organizing and coordinating mobile testing, conducting targeted outreach providing educational workshops, promoting services via multiple social media channels, conducting HIV, Hepatitis C and STI testing, mental health and substance abuse screening, record and assist in data collection. Additionally, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for enrolling HIV positive individuals into ARTAS, linkage to care services and coordinating appropriate services with grant partners.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
1. Organize, facilitate and lead the i–zone group sessions for YMSMs, transgender and high-risk youth and facilitate curriculum activities and group discussion utilizing strong group facilitation skills. Identify sites and locations to recruit participants and establish working relationships and linkages as needed. Community outreach to reduce the risk of HIV/AIDS by providing HIV/AIDS education and resource information and materials; by engaging potential clients into the Family and Youth Services (FAYS) program; and by engaging high-risk populations into treatment plans. Participate in medical mobile outreach and enlist youth into medical and low-threshold services via medical mobile services.
2. Establish and ensure a friendly and safe environment during i-zone group sessions. Participate and ensure integrity of data collection and entry for evaluation purposes and participate in continuous quality improvement of program. Participate in the design and preparation of activities to publicize the FAYS program within the community. Management skills and ability to generate program reports is essential to this position.
3. Provide educational and resource information and/or engage potential clients into Iris House programs. Provide referrals and support groups for social and health services related to curriculum topics (e.g., HIV/STI/HCV testing services, sexual and gender integration, domestic violence services, legal services). Provide HIV, STI and HCV testing on-site and off-site, phlebotomist or HIV tester with experience preferred.
4. Presents Iris House programs and services to other community based organizations, such as medical and service providers and HIV care network organizations, to cultivate and maintain linkage agreements for reciprocal services and to generate referrals for Iris House HIV/AIDS services.
5. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Community Health Initiatives.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Human Services or related field or equivalent educational and work experience. D-up, HIV educational and HIV Testing preferred. Spanish Bilingual preferred.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year of group facilitation and outreach experience working with the target population.
Other Requirements: Strong group facilitation skills; Knowledge and understanding of HIV prevention, treatment and care. Excellent communication skills; must be proficient in the use of personal computers. Ability to travel extensively in New York City’s five (5) boroughs and work late nights and weekends.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Contact information: Qualified Candidates please respond via email with a letter of introduction and resume to: Ofelia Barrios, Sr. Director of Community Health Initiatives, @ email@example.com.