Details: HSCADV offers a competitive salary based on a candidate's skills and experience
1164 Bishop Street
The Hawai`i State Coalition Against Domestic Violence (HSCADV) is looking for an exceptional person to join our small, committed team. HSCADV works to eliminate domestic violence in Hawai`i by supporting our statewide membership of domestic violence service programs through advocacy, education, capacity building, and technical assistance. The coalition also collaborates with federal, state and local agencies who serve victims or are engaged with ending violence in our communities.
The Member Services Associate will work with our Member Services Manager to design and implement our yearly schedule of advocacy and educational activities including:
Technical Assistance: HSCADV routinely receives information and referral requests from our member agencies and the general public. The Member Services Associate will:
- analyze those inquiries and determine how to provide information requested or route to an appropriate team member.
- help member agencies access the coalition’s services such as our Fly to Freedom and Lyft Concierge programs.
Share Knowledge: The coalition acts as a clearinghouse to share information about domestic violence prevention and intervention either through the materials we create or by sharing information created by other states and jurisdictions. The Member Services Associate will:
- assist staff in the development and creation of HSCADV publications including help edit, proofread, and screen materials as assigned.
- post and update relevant materials on the hscadv.org website
- maintain a current inventory of national resources for members to access including conference announcements, training materials, and distance learning opportunities.
- help our agencies across the state stay connected by maintaining a calendar of events and awareness activities.
Convene: HSCADV brings advocates and allied professionals together to increase skills, build connections and plan for the future. The Member Services Associate will:
- help plan and conduct our training events by performing tasks such as: preparing and presenting content, scheduling events, coordinating with instructors, working on event promotion, and assisting with on-site logistics.
- assist our members to access our events by processing enrollments and answering routine inquiries regarding courses, schedules, and locations.
- collect and record data about the event including participant attendance and evaluation information which will be used to inform our future planning activities and report to funders.
- Work with HSCADV staff to continuously identify new potential partners, particularly those who are committed to serving victims and survivors of violence who are traditionally underserved.
Strategic Planning: The coalition works with our member agencies and allied partners to determine our long and short-term goals. The Member Services Associate will:
- assist the Member Services Manager with research and information gathering to further the coalition’s strategic goals
- Help collect statewide data and service information to help identify exceptional performance and areas of practice where coalition technical assistance and training could be useful.
- Interact with coalition members and allied agencies to collect their recommendations
Systems Advocacy: HSCADV works to improve the systems that serve domestic violence victims and their families. The Member Services Associate will:
- Help collect and disseminate materials generated by partners, funders and allied agencies
- Support the coalition’s collaboration with other agencies by helping schedule meetings, prepare discussion materials and assist with follow-up requests.
- Occasionally represent the coalition at meetings and coordination events.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Committed to ending all forms of domestic violence
- Passionate about the people of the state of Hawai`i and the communities they serve
- An Associates Degree or three years of work experience - work experience related to the field of domestic violence, sexual assault, or related industries preferred
- Experience working in an environment that is always juggling multiple priorities
- Excellent writing/research skills
- Experience working independently, including the ability to creatively problem-solve
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Comfortable with using technology including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, basic website editing, and basic social media posting.
- Valid driver’s license
- The position is based in Honolulu and requires some travel (15%) to neighbor islands and mainland events
The Hawai`i State Coalition Against Domestic Violence is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
HSCADV has a generous benefits package that includes paid leave, health insurance and retirement benefits.
Minimum Education Required