Habitat EBSV - Home Preservation Foreperson
- Job posted by Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley
513 Valley Way
Join Habitat for Humanity EBSV as a Home Preservation Foreperson! The Home Preservation Foreperson (HPF) is responsible for “hands-on” home repairs at owner-occupied homes in our service area. The HPF is also responsible for AmeriCorps or other Crew Leaders and occasional volunteer management, project planning and budgeting, site organization, and homeowner interactions. The role of the HPF is to ensure that job sites are safe and efficient, that communication with clients is clear, and that projects complete on time and in budget.
Essential Functions of Position:
“Hands-on” Residential Construction Management
· Sequence jobs efficiently
· Plan building activities, stock jobs, and lead on-site workdays
· Manage every phase of construction at the assigned repair site
· Ensure timely completion of projects within budget
· Coordinate material procurement and management
· Manage and oversee the work of subcontractors at the repair site
· Assist Superintendent with the scheduling of repair projects in partnership with homeowner and Assistant Project Manager.
· Conduct estimate walk-throughs and draft budgets for home repair projects; finalize budgets with Superintendent and Assistant Project Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Minimum of four years of paid, journey-level carpentry experience, preferably in wood-frame or residential construction.
· “Hands-on” knowledge and experience with light construction from foundation to finish, including plumbing, electrical, and mechanical knowledge.
· BPI or lead abatement certification beneficial.
· One or more years as a construction lead person, superintendent or assistant superintendent.
· Familiarity with the Uniform Building Code.
· Ability to devise and teach - with patience - simple construction methods.
· Desire to develop future Habitat leaders.
· Ability to manage large groups of unskilled people.
· Experience dealing with owner-occupied buildings as construction sites and capacity to lead and demonstrate how to operate in a respectful manner around homeowners
· Experience working on mobile homes a plus
· Have a temperament that is suitable for the environment of a non-profit organization and the ability to create a work environment that is cheerful, productive and inclusive.
· Proven ability to plan and follow through on complex projects.
· Commitment to the HEBSV mission to build and preserve low-cost housing.
· Valid California Driver’s License required
· Fluent English language skills required
Responsibility and Decision-Making Authority:
· Supervise and manage site carpenter, staff crew leaders, and occasional skilled and unskilled volunteers.
· Assist in management and coordination of sub-contractors.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Primarily in the field with some office work throughout service area (Alameda, Contra Costa, and Santa Clara Counties) with a focus in Santa Clara County
Competitive pay, full medical, dental, vision benefits and matching 403(b) plan, generous leave time
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates must submit both a cover letter and resume.