Vertex Partnership Academies seeks to be the first-of-its-kind charter management organization and partnership network of exceptional, tuition-free International Baccalaureate (IB) public charter high schools that offer pathways to college completion and career development and empowers its graduates to lead lives of meaning and purpose. Grounded in the four cardinal virtues of Courage, Justice, Temperance, and Wisdom, the first Vertex campus will open in the Bronx in 2022. Each scholar will be empowered to choose either: (1) the IB Diploma Program that prepares them to enroll and thrive in premier colleges and universities in the country or abroad; or (2) the IB Career Program that prepares them to enter the labor market with professional skills and knowledge in a particular industry sector. The High School Principal will use leadership and administrative skills to manage all aspects of the day-to-day functioning of the high school and promote the educational and emotional development of each student.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assumes responsibility for the implementation and observance of Vertex's Mission Statement and all policies and regulations within the school community.
• Leads the administrative, academic, and supports personnel in a culture of shared decision-making.
• Collaborate in the development, documentation, revision, and evaluation of the curriculum and related instruction and professional development materials.
• Co-lead (with the Chief Academic Officer) promotes and monitors processes, ensuring accountability regarding Vertex's expectations, learning, teaching principles, and professional collaboration.
• Maintain a high standard of education and promoting effective adaptations of all school activities as the school progresses.
• Guide International Baccalaureate Middle Years, Diploma, and Career Program authorization processes.
• Attend school-sponsored activities and functions.
• Participate in outreach to the local, national, and international communities.
• Attend Board meetings as needed.
• Perform any other reasonable and relevant duties as assigned by the network leadership team.
• Collaboratively develop strategic plans with evidence-based solutions.
• Provide meaningful information to parents and others regarding student progress and school work plans.
Required Education and Experience
• A Master's degree
• Must hold a valid Teaching Certification
• At least five years of prior teaching experience
• Knowledge and experience in accreditation and authorization processes
Preferred Education and Experience
• A valid New York State principal’s certificate
• SBL Certification or a minimum of 3 years of exemplary administrative/supervision experience
• Previous International Baccalaureate experience
• An optimistic and curious outlook on life and a sense of humor
• Disposition to consider evidence-based approaches within the context of the school
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong inspirational leadership skills
• Collaborative and committed to bringing talented individuals together to ensure that the whole is greater than the sum of the individual parts
• Resilient and determined with professional courage to challenge all to develop
• Outstanding communication skills
• Ability to understand and analyze data from multiple sources
• Demonstrates a strong work ethic to achieve goals
• Personal and professional integrity
• Takes responsibility for his/her professional growth and development
Knowledge and skills
• Ability to listen well
• Ability to discern options, consequences and make firm choices and commitments
• Ability to communicate clearly, honestly, and transparently.
• Ability to recruit, retain, and develop outstanding faculty and staff
• Ability to work positively with diverse constituencies through collaboration, team building, and diplomacy
• Ability to ensure the efficient and effective allocation of resources
• Ability to structure the workplace to promote collaboration
• Knowledge of evidence-based standards and practices
• Knowledge of International Baccalaureate programs
• Knowledge of authorization processes
Vertex Partnership Academies seeks to be the first-of-its-kind charter management organization and partnership network of exceptional, tuition-free International Baccalaureate (IB) public charter high schools that offer pathways…