Operations Manager, Guest Services
- Job posted by Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California
4560 Fountain Avenue
The Operations Manager, Guest Services is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of guest services, including the management of guest services staff and the facilitation of the intake process for families. S/he will exercise independent judgment and discretion with regard to all client-facing services of the program. S/he is accountable for stewardship of the mission to provide comfort, care and support to children and families in Southern California. This position is part of a team that works 24/7, year-round to provide high-quality customer service and care to guests staying at the Ronald McDonald House (“RMH” or “House”) and consistent with policies and standards set by the Board of Directors of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position shall include but is not limited to the following:
- Manage team of full- and part-time Guest Services Associates. As needed, supervise House volunteers.
- Develop and implement a Guest Services recruitment, onboarding and ongoing-training program that results in optimal care of families and reflects core values.
- Foster an atmosphere of warmth and understanding, demonstrating empathy and the ability to relate to families in crisis. Ensure all staff interactions with families and providers reflect core values of compassion, respect and integrity and serve as model ambassador on behalf of RMH.
- In conjunction with the Director of Operations, make policy recommendations to ensure families receive the highest level of support with the scope of RMHC.
- Devise and maintain informational material for guests.
- Liaise with Volunteer Coordinator to communicate activities to families to encourage participation (i.e. outings and field trips, special House programs). Make signage when necessary.
- Coordinate with Family Support Services to ensure harmonious environment for all guests and staff.
- Ensure House guidelines are clearly communicated to and followed by all guests, volunteers, visitors and staff.
- Serve as primary liaison to social workers at partner medical facilities. Provide information and tours to hospital partners.
- Manage referral process and adjust policy when necessary to ensure graceful delivery and optimal care of families in need.
- Supervise intake process for admissions and reservations, and ensure Guest Services Associates execute the process in a fair, timely and compassionate manner.
- Review and evaluate length of stay extensions or program exceptions when necessary.
General Management and Administration
- Manage common areas and associated inventory to maximize benefit to families. Liaise with Operations Assistant to ensure proper inventory of necessary supplies.
- Be available to handle emergency situations or other urgent circumstances during nights and weekends as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emergency procedures, safety equipment and security protocols. Uphold RMH standards of safe guest accommodations and working conditions.
- Liaise with Facilities team to ensure clear communication of maintenance issues and status.
- Oversee all Guest Services-related financial transactions and record keeping. Manage guest-specific data collection and retrieval and prepare and present timely monthly reports and other information as requested to the Director of Operations.
- Work with third-party vendors (i.e. insurance companies, private foundations, etc.) to maximize support and subsidies for family stays.
- Attend all applicable trainings.
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. At least 2 years management experience in human services or related field required.
- Knowledge of community resources required.
- Excellent problem-solving and keen judgment a must.
- Excellent active listening and crisis intervention skills required. Experience with family clientele preferred. Must be able to adapt to changing needs of staff and families served.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and comfortable using hospitality database.
- Must be willing to work irregular hours and holidays as necessary.
- Must demonstrate highly-developed customer service skills.
- Must be organized and possess ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, including proficiency in balancing direct service and supervisory responsibilities with data management.
- Current valid California state driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Positive attitude, pleasant demeanor and appropriate dress required.
Job duties regularly require standing, walking; reaching with hands and arms; climbing or balancing; stooping, kneeling; talking or hearing. Frequently required to be on feet. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, must be willing to work independently and, when necessary, overseeing the operations of two buildings alone. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
Ability to read and interpret information in English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, board members, families and the general public; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form. Candidates with multi-language skills encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include LAOptsMgr in subject. No phone calls, please.