Details: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
1122 W. Washington Blvd., 3rd. Floor
NALEO Educational Fund, a national nonprofit organization serving the Latino community, seeks an Associate Development Manager who will help the organization fund raise by researching prospective donors, writing grant proposals and reports, maintaining positive relationships with current and prospective funders, and assisting with corporate proposals, special events, and projects, as necessary. This is a full time, non-exempt position with an annual salary in the range of $50,000 to $55,000. This position will report to the Director of Foundation Relations.
- Write persuasive and substantive grant requests, reports, documents and other internal and external correspondence that help secure funding for the organization;
- Research accurate and relevant data and maintain a thorough working knowledge of NALEO’s programs for use in proposals, reports and other correspondence;
- Identify prospective funders and work closely with the Director of Foundation Relations to develop approach strategies to cultivate these potential donors;
- Utilize creative relationship building strategies to prospect, cultivate, and manage relationships with foundation contacts;
- Monitor the status of grant proposals and reports and work with Development Assistants to maintain current donor files, including submissions, responses, and reporting requirements;
- Adhere to attendance and punctuality standards of the organization; and
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Minimum of three years’ experience writing grant proposals/reports or equivalent writing responsibilities in a non-profit or similar environment;
- Proven track record of securing grants and/or contributions from public, private, or individual donors;
- In-depth knowledge of grant proposal and report requirements required by private foundations and corporations;
- Knowledge of local, state and national Latino issues and their relationship to NALEO Educational Fund’s mission;
- Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills;
- Excellent networking abilities;
- Ability to write decisive, grammatically correct substantive and persuasive grant proposals, reports, documents and correspondence;
- Ability to understand target audience, apply ideas, thoughts & concepts to successfully develop proposals that articulate our work;
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and quality;
- High-energy, positive, "can-do" attitude with commitment to teamwork, flexibility and initiative;
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with program and support staff in accomplishing responsibilities;
- Self-motivated; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines;
- Proven computer skills, including database, word processing, spreadsheet and Internet skills;
- If a driver, must have a valid driver’s license with proof of automobile insurance coverage;
- Ability to work respectfully with people of all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds; and
- Supportive of mission and philosophy of the NALEO Educational Fund.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The position requires certain physical and mental demands, including the following:
- Ability to detect, discern, recognize, and perceive auditory and visual information within normal ranges;
- Dexterity to read, write, type, operate office equipment such as a computer, printer, telephone, calculator, copier, fax machine, pencils, pens, and stapler;
- Ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Once hired, employees requiring reasonable accommodations to perform the demands of the position should contact Human Resources.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Fax/email cover letter, resume and writing sample to: Angela Weimer, National Director of Human Resources and Administration, NALEO Educational Fund (213) 747-7664/ email@example.com. EOE
Generous vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and retirement coverage
Minimum Education Required