1014 Torney Avenue
Tides is a philanthropic partner and nonprofit accelerator dedicated to building a world of shared prosperity and social justice. Tides works at the nexus of funders, changemakers, and policy, with extensive impact solutions including philanthropic giving and grantmaking, impact investing, fiscal sponsorship for social ventures, collaborative workspaces, and policy initiatives. Our extensive tools and know-how give our partners the freedom to hit the ground running and drive change faster than they can on their own. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
This job is for you if:
- You understand and appreciate the impact nonprofits can have in making positive social change.
- Tides’ Vision, Mission and Approach (VMA) strongly resonate with you.
- You are energized by the launch of Tides’ new brand identity and website, which represent years of organizational transformation. You want to help leverage our new brand assets to bring Tides into its next stage of growth and impact locally, nationally, and globally by:
- Increasing Tides’ external brand recognition and awareness;
- Amplifying Tides’ voice and influence, and ensuring alignment and integration of brand and messaging;
- Cultivating, growing, and deepening engagement with current clients, stakeholders, and prospects;
- Helping drive new business and strategic partnerships; and
- Protecting Tides’ brand and reputation.
- You have experience developing and implementing a communications and marketing strategy.
- You would bring a diverse professional background, possibly including business development and fundraising experience in the corporate and/or nonprofit social change sectors.
- You are creative, collaborative and can work effectively with people from different cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Have superb writing/editing and verbal communication skills and project management abilities.
- You are fired up about digital communications and marketing, and are excited to use your energy and expertise in this area to hit the ground running to deliver results.
The right candidate will be willing and able to:
Increasing Brand Awareness and Consistency
- Help implement Tides’ integrated strategic marketing and communications plan to advance Tides brand identity; broaden awareness of our programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of our brand and VMA across key stakeholder audiences.
- Ensure brand and messaging alignment and integration across all Tides’ entities, programs and products, and manage rollout of new brand assets.
Digital Communications, Website, Online Marketing and Advertising
- Manage Tides’ presence across existing and emerging digital media channels, maintaining a consistent brand. Help implement an integrated, data-driven digital communications strategy, including audience mapping and segmentation, and measurement of impact on Tides’ goals and objectives. Develop strategies to also reach new people, relevant networks, and prospects, and drive them to our website and social media platforms for deeper engagement.
- Lead website improvements, serve as primary liaison with vendors and handle general webmaster tasks. Keep content fresh and message aligned. Lead SEO and other targeted ad placement opportunities with the new site. Systematically solicit and collect feedback on the use and effectiveness of Tides’ website from stakeholders and site visitors, and track and analyse analytics.
- Develop social media strategies to expand Tides’ reach and amplify the work and impact of our partners and to generate deeper engagement. Closely track and analyse analytics to inform and refine the strategies.
- Manage development and production of marketing and sales collateral (electronic, printed, banners, slides, decks, reports, etc.) that support communications and business development needs, as well as collateral to meet the client engagement needs of Tides’ advisors.
- Advance distribution-ready case studies of key client work and our value add to support new client pitches.
- Help identify and manage outside writers, designers, photo/video-graphers, and other consultants.
Content Generation and Management
- Manage internal content production in alignment with strategic plan and editorial calendar. Surface and advance client and staff inspired topics to highlight and tie into key themes.
- Draft thought pieces and/or manage content writers and consultants, as needed.
- Engage in storytelling activities to highlight Tides’ value add and client success for cross-platform application.
Other Communications Support
- Support media and public relations efforts, including events and other outreach.
- Help with crisis communications plan updates, and communications-related coordination and media and PR support to protect Tides’ brand and reputation.
- Support cross-departmental communications needs, and other duties as assigned
- Maturity and leadership skills to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels. Work well with all constituent groups internally and externally, including staff, board members, donors, program participants and other stakeholders.
- A motivated self-starter, process-oriented with a high attention to detail. Comfortable managing and prioritizing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- Deep experience writing copy, including social media tweets/posts, press releases, blogs and online copy for a range of audiences.
- Engages in a direct and truthful manner; ability to present accurate and appropriate information. Holds information confidential with excellent judgment. Maintains high-level and consistent work ethic in working relationships and all work-related duties.
- 5-7+ years of post-college work experience in communications, outreach, marketing and related disciplines.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Proficient with MS Office suite of products, and backend and CRM experience with websites required. Proficient with social media applications including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, HootSuite (or similar); Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator or and/or other graphics software. Experience with email marketing services. Exposure to SalesForce a plus.
Get to know the team:
Over the last two years, Tides’ has invested significant thought and resources into its strategic partnerships and communications efforts. The communications team consists of a director of public relations and communications, a communications coordinator, a marketing coordinator (shared with the strategic partnerships team), and a variety of consulants. The new communications manager will add critical capacity as the team works to expand Tides’ external influence, voice, and partnerships through a proactive and integrated, cross-departmental marketing approach.
What’s in it for you:
Tides offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision. Tides contributes to employee Health Savings Accounts (HSA). Tides matches employee contributions to a retirement plan and the employer match is 100% vested immediately. Tides also covers Basic life insurance, Basic AD&D & LTD for all eligible employees at no cost.
All employees start with 3 weeks of vacation and receive 12 paid holidays. Employees also receive 2 additional optional holidays per year in observance of other holidays and a birthday holiday. We offer competitive nonprofit salaries.
We have flexible work arrangements to make you comfortable including outdoor patio work areas, comfy work/lounge space, standing desk options, cubicles and open or private work spaces.
Why work for Tides?
- We have incredible clients and partners both domestically and internationally who are working towards a world of shared prosperity and social justice.
- We are serious about promoting sustainable commute options, including a free shuttle to and from downtown San Francisco and award-winning bicycle infrastructure, including secure bike parking, locker rooms, and bike share program.
- Tides was a pioneer in collaborative workspaces for nonprofits and we share our offices, located in a renovated military hospital, with 75 other nonprofits and social enterprises, creating a vibrant community of mission-aligned changemakers that get together regularly for happy hours, educational sessions, and holiday celebrations.
- Tides’ San Francisco offices are located in a National Park with views of the Golden Gate Bridge. The National Park, called the Presidio, is an outdoor recreation hub with miles of forested trails, outdoor art installations (including by the famed Andy Goldsworthy), and scenic overlooks perfect for strolling, exercising, or taking meetings outside.
- Tides has a robust staff engagement program, including regular cultural celebrations like a Chinese New Year pig roast and Black History Month film outings.
- Tides has a bi-coastal presence, with an office right across the street from the New York Stock Exchange building.
- The work is awesome, the people are awesome and we think there’s no better place to make an impact
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=thetides&jobId=220717&lang=en_US&source=CC3