Details: Salary: Salary is based on experience and on the Foundation’s commitment to internal equity.
The Program Assistant (PA) will provide administrative and logistical support to two Program Officers from the Internet Freedom team. As such, the PA will manage various activities for the Program Officer(s) including meetings and grants administration. Program Assistants help to manage the various workflows of program staff and of the program team more generally.
Workflow and Administration:
- Assist with Program Officers’ calendar of appointments and work-related travel, including processing expense reports
- Assist Program Officers in responding to requests for information or other documentation from the various departments of the Foundation and from others outside of the Foundation
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires,consultants, and summer interns
- Proofread and edit reports, memoranda, or other programmatic materials
- Support document management and storage in institutional document repositories
- Manage some communication with internal collaborators, external partner organizations, and grantees which may include phone calls, emails, in-person meetings, under the guidance of Program Officers
- Undertaking basic research projects and working with Information Management staff on research tasks
- Plan and coordinate events for Ford staff and grantees, including travel arrangements, venue management, and administrative logistics
- Provide additional administrative support as needed to program staff on the Internet Freedom team, including but not limited to, contract management, organizing information, data entry and task management
- Request administrative and support information relative to grantee proposals and grant action
- Establish and maintain appropriate files, including virtual grant file records, which may include uploading files into the grant database
- Plan and coordinate logistics for site visits and major grantee meetings and prepare expense reports
- Submit and track Global Travel and Learning Fund requests
- Manage calendar appointments and group meetings
- Maintain grantee contact information
- Assist with grant-related inquiries, coordinating responses, and maintain correspondence control records
- Compile grantee-related information into spreadsheets or other analytical tools and preparing charts or other presentations from this information
- BA/BS plus a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant office experience or equivalent work experience
- Strong commitment to promoting social justice
- Demonstrated interest in Internet Freedom preferred
- Highly functioning administrator who is proactive and able to self-manage, prioritize work assignments across departments, manage multiple deadlines, and represent the unit and the Foundation in any given environment
- A team player with an ability to work in diverse teams with accountability and responsibility; ability to contribute to a positive, productive, open and supportive environment that motivates everyone to perform at their best
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to manage communications tactfully and professionally with high attention to detail and accuracy; proven ability to problem solve and follow up appropriately on process and procedural issues
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing online information resources and data tools for information retrieval and data entry; experience undertaking internet-based research
- Detailed knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Google computer applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides
ALIGNMENT TO THE MISSION AND CULTURE OF THE FORD FOUNDATION
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission and core values of equity, openness, collaboration, trust, accountability and urgency
- Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and a sense of humor
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
- Action-orientated and entrepreneurial self-starter who can work well independently and in teams
Salary: Salary is based on experience and on the Foundation’s commitment to internal equity. A generous benefits package is provided.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at The Ford Foundation, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
A generous benefits package is provided.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please apply online at: