3720 Airport Way S
FAITH ACTION NETWORK (FAN) is a statewide, interfaith movement striving for a just, compassionate, and sustainable world. By organizing faith communities and individuals, providing education on issues, encouraging advocacy for social justice, and participating in courageous public action, FAN is building a statewide partnership for the common good.
The FAN Administrative & Development Coordinator will help advance FAN’s mission and vision. The position is a full-time, exempt position, located in Seattle and supervised by the Co-Directors.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Provide team leadership for data entry and data management software;
- Support the daily operations and administrative functions of the office, including mail processing, preparing bank and credit deposits, sending written communications;
- Serve as first point of contact via phone and FAN email, and fielding general inquiries;
- Coordinate the maintenance of equipment, stocking of supplies, and vendor relations;
- Serve as support staff to Co-Directors, including coordinating calendars, reviewing/editing written text, general email, preparing reports for various stakeholders;
- Perform general support functions and meeting participation/support.
Fundraising and Events Management
- Maintain the donor management and organizing software, currently PowerBase;
- Provide event planning, logistical support and execution of Annual Dinner, Advocacy Days, Summits;
- Assist in grant writing and fundraising appeals;
- Manage efficient donor communications, including thank you letters;
- Help with event preparation and implementation.
- Maintain FAN WordPress website and social networking tools;
- Writing, editing and formatting of weekly electronic newsletters and alerts;
- Help foster religious and community partnerships to further FAN’s mission;
- Maintain confidentiality.
Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communications skills;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite programs, web research, and social media;
- Proven experience and ability with database management;
- Previous experience in administration, fundraising, and/or communications;
- Ability to relate to diverse faith traditions, cultural and ethnic communities;
- Must be a self-starter who works well in a team-oriented environment;
- Proven attention to detail.
- Four-year college degree in a related field, or relevant life experience;
- Experience working in a social justice or advocacy organization with responsibility for assisting with administration and fundraising;
- Active participation in a faith community;
- Demonstrated interest in contributing to social justice movements;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed;
- Some travel required. Valid Washington State Driver’s License, with travel compensation.
Health, dental and vacation benefits are included.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, email cover letter and resume by May 31, 2018, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faith Action Network is an equal opportunity employer. FAN does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, relevant disability, marital status, veteran status or national origin. In some cases, such as this one, an active faith affiliation is a bona fide qualification for a position.