Israel Engagement Coordinator-Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach
- Job posted by Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life
Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach is seeking an Israel Engagement Coordinator to lead all promotion and recruitment initiatives for Hillel's Birthright Israel program at our five colleges and universities, with the goals of expanding the number of trip participants and engaging returnees in meaningful follow-through experiences. They will staff Birthright Israel trips and create initiatives designed to keep trip alumni connected to Jewish life and to Israel.
The main goals for the Israel Engagement Coordinator include:
- Expanding the number of Birthright Israel trip participants from our campuses through effective and innovative recruitment and marketing strategies
- Hiring, supervising, and motivating a team of Birthright interns responsible for assisting with recruitment.
- Organizing all aspects of the Birthright Israel experience including ongoing communication with Birthright/Hillel International.
- Proactively improving Jewish life on campus by engaging Birthright Israel participants as a core group who can become involved in ongoing Hillel and leadership activities.
- Serving as a key member of our HBPB staff team and assist with the planning and implementation of Hillel's programs.
- Overseeing the engagement of Jewish student life at Lynn University.
- Natural ability to connect with a wide range of students.
- Team player with excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong marketing background and skills including creativity and command of social media platforms
- Self-driven and motivated, with energy and enthusiasm for Israel programming, travel, and honing a natural sales-oriented skill set.
- Excellent follow-through on projects, and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Interest in professional growth in a team environment.
- Comfortable presenting in front of groups, outgoing and personable.
- Prior travel experience in Israel, and depth of personal connection with Israel and Judaism.
- BA or equivalent.
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan.
- Generous vacation and sick time.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel.
About Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach:
South Florida is home to one of the largest Jewish communities in the United States. Our main facility, the Levine Weinberger Jewish Life Center, is located minutes from the Atlantic Ocean in Boca Raton on the main campus of Florida Atlantic University. We also have a second facility on campus at Nova Southeastern University in Davie. The Jewish community is extremely active, with several Jewish day schools, many synagogues, and a variety of opportunities for organizational and young adult involvement. And we've got some of the best weather in the country – warm and sunny year round, and never, ever any snow!
For more information about the universities we serve and the local communities in which they are located:
About Hillel International:
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login, and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.
<img src="https://rs.careerliaison.com/pixel/kj9qvmfvj5qmk6cc"><img src="https://analytics.click2apply.net/vboAK4GIkpEdZUjGyIeprM">
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter. New Applicants: Select Apply for this Position to submit your application and create an account. Previous Applicants: Scroll to the Previous Applicants section. Please i