The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As a leading Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations with former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who possess views from across the political spectrum. We are currently focused on policy issues related to health, energy, the economy, education, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for administering all aspects of the weekly accounts payables functions and monthly credit card reconciliations, as well as assisting with financial reporting, month-end and year-end close. The Staff Accountant must be efficient in a remote environment until the office reopens.
· Review all invoices and check requests for accuracy and relevant authorization
· Assign appropriate accounting code, department and task
· Process check requests, wire transfers and ACH payments
· Maintain AP vendor files (address, W-9, etc.)
· Perform weekly scanning and filing of all payables transactions
· Prepare monthly analysis of AP accounts
· Prepare monthly analysis of AR accounts and create/send out relevant invoices
· Prepare all cash deposits and maintain the Deposits binder
· Update monthly Revenue History file
· Prepare all cash receipts, cash disbursements and other entries for month-end
· Reconcile prepaid & deposit accounts and create monthly journal entries
· Verify the accuracy of consultants’ payments against contracts’ schedule
· Resolve invoice discrepancies as needed
· Reconcile corporate credit cards on a monthly basis and maintain activity spreadsheet
· Correspond with vendors/employees and respond to inquiries
· Assist with bi-weekly payroll
· Prepare 1099s and other year-end close activities
· Assist team with month-end, year-end closing and audit activities
· Assist Senior Staff and Controller on ad hoc basis
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting Required
· 1-3 years of relevant accounting experience
· Internship in non-profit organization is preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Outstanding attention to details
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
· Experience with an accounting software is a plus
· Understanding of payroll and tax compliance preferred
The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions…
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample, and references. Please submit materials as one file. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. BPC does not sponsor employment visas.
BPC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter, writing sample, and references…