218 West 40th Street
NAF is a national network of education, business, and community leaders who work together to ensure high school students are college, career, and future ready. NAF’s educational design ignites students’ passion for learning and gives businesses the opportunity to shape America’s future workforce by transforming the learning environment to include STEM infused, industry-specific curricula and work-based learning experiences, including internships.
Since 1982, NAF has been partnering with high-need communities to improve outcomes for students by implementing NAF academies – small learning communities within existing high schools. NAF has grown from one NAF Academy of Finance in New York City to hundreds of academies across the country focusing on growing industries including: finance, hospitality & tourism, information technology, engineering, and health sciences.
During the 2017-18 school year, over 100,000 students attended 644 NAF academies across 36 states, including DC and the US Virgin Islands. In 2017, NAF academies reported 97% of seniors graduated with 90% of graduates planning to go to college.
The primary function of the Corporate Engagement & Relations team is to serve as the primary expanders, developers and relationship managers for NAF employer partners. This team is responsible for the strategic development and on-going management of NAF’s corporate engagement portfolios including NAFTrack Certified Hiring, Advisory Board Development and Work-Based Learning Systems. A critical component within this team is the strategic development of the NAFTrack technology platforms that underpin NAF’s ability to ensure all students reach NAFTrack Certification and are connected to NAFTrack employer partners through the myNAFTrack platform.
The Senior Director, Corporate Engagement leads the establishment of new partnerships with corporations, professional and affinity associations, governments agencies and non-profit organizations to support NAFTrack implementation and stronger Work-Based Learning implementation as critical components of the NAF Educational Design. The Senior Director will be responsible for the implementation, oversight and management of the strategic plan for the Corporate Engagement Team; and in collaboration with the Vice President, Corporate Engagement and Relations, responsible for ongoing strategic plan development, assessment and revision.
This role requires an individual with a strong background in public/private partnership development, successful business development skills and demonstrated success in management of partnerships. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, energetic and engaged team member with an established network across key industry categories.
In this position the Senior Director will drive progress towards scoping, planning and delivering on NAF’s most critical initiatives, inclusive of NAFTrack Certification, Advisory Board Development and Work-Based Learning Systems. The Senior Director will partner with internal and external stakeholders on building business cases and requirements, and works with cross-functional teams and outside entities to both manage and execute on projects relevant to the corporate engagement portfolio ensuring clarity of plans, progress and realization of goals/objectives. Project metrics will be used to facilitate stop/start/continue discussions as well as communicate overall project status as required.
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring, guidance, inspiration, support and accountability to Corporate Engagement team members to successfully manage their assigned employer engagement portfolios
- Lead the implementation of NAF’s strategic plans and investments specific to Corporate Engagement manage project schedules, identify possible issues and clearly communicate status to project stakeholders; reporting on plan progress and outcomes.
- Build and maintain a professional network with industry partners
- Lead all processes leading up to providing support to the potential corporate partners in finalizing partnerships (i.e. leads, prospecting, establishing first contact, meetings, creating a contract, integration and follow up);
- Lead research, identification, and segmentation of partnership opportunities to increase the number of potential corporate partners in place-based initiatives
· Establish an understanding of the business objectives of these partners and match these with the range of services offered by the organization to create and maximize new business opportunities
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred. Degree in a related field such as Business, Communications, or Public Policy a strong plus.
• 10+ years’ experience in corporate sector or building successful public/private partnerships.
- 7+ years’ experience managing a portfolio of external partners or clients
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrated success in development, implementation, and oversight of strategic and action plans, particularly as they relate to relationship establishment and management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to the NAF mission and vision for young people
- Ability to build strong external relationships
- Ability to sell and close a deal
- Impeccable communication and presentation skills
- Project management of multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and goal-oriented
- Team player, with ability to work with all levels of staff and external partners
- Remote management experience preferred
- Strong technology skills: Well-versed in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title, your first name, and last name in the subject line.
Minimum Education Required