Job Title LTTA Program Assistant: Asia & Eastern Europe
Department: Asia & Eastern Europe
Based in Washington, DC
Reports to the Senior Program Manager, PSI Asia & Eastern Europe
Travel up to 5%
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI seeks a LTTA Program Assistant (PA) to support program management functions in the Asia and Eastern Europe department during a maternity leave. The PA will have wideranging responsibilities and work with PSI staff at all levels both in Washington and overseas. The position requires flexibility and willingness to assume varied duties and projects with an emphasis on administrative tasks. This position is based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Senior Program Manager for Asia and Eastern Europe.
Sound goo to you? Read on.<img src="https://rs.careerliaison.com/pixel/y56sgsmyp9prcqr9"><img src="https://analytics.click2apply.net/vaR1yAESNPMRpfgyzs8Dg2">
- Assist in tracking and analyzing health performance data of region and country programs
- Perform biweekly reviews of project and labor budgets utilizing PSI's Lawson accounting system
- Assist with proposal budget and notes development and re-alignment of existing budgets
- Provide dynamic and proactive administrative support to the Regional Support Team
- Organize departmental events such as meetings, retreats, and team building activities
- Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to selecting and securing a venue, coordinating departmental schedules, and liaising with appropriate staff to develop an agenda
- Assist with travel arrangements for AEE staff including: helping to secure travel visas, making hotel reservations and scheduling airport pick-ups for visitors to D.C.
- Maintain the existing departmental information management system of filing, classifying, and tracking country-specific documentation, update and maintain internal knowledge exchange online forums, design innovative ways to manage knowledge and information tracking needs
- Prepare and/or edit presentations, proposals, and reports for the region
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree
- At least one year experience working in a fast?paced office environment
- Experience living outside the United States and in multicultural environments preferred
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with special attention to detail and timeliness
- Proven ability to develop routines to manage large workloads and organize work efficiently
- Readiness to interact with a variety of people and assume diverse duties and tasks
What would get us excited?
- The successful candidate will be a customer service oriented;
- Exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have proven problem solving ability;
- Work efficiently and quickly under pressure;
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks;
- Team Player: You know how to connect several diverse groups of people to get things done; and
- Self-Starter: You are not afraid to jump in from the start and get your hands dirty with minimal direction.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this positon
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply