250 Joralemon Street
Brooklyn Law School seeks a self-motivated Advancement Associate to join its excellent ambitious Development and Alumni Relations team. The Associate will collaborate with eight (8) development and alumni relations colleagues and staff members from across the Law School to support engagement and fundraising goals. This position will provide a broad-based view on development and alumni relations strategies and goals. The Associate reports to Chief Advancement Officer.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited too:
• Play a pivotal role in supporting the department’s strategic use of Colleague data base. This may include: assisting in maintenance of data integrity, oversight of special projects related to the data base, and data entry as required;
• Participate as a member of a team to plan, execute, and analyze the effectiveness of strategic special events which support the School's philanthropic goals;
• Draft communication from the Law School’s leadership to donors, prospects, and friends;
• Oversee operational needs of the department including budget tracking and reporting, department-wide planning, and the management of donor premiums;
• Provide logistical support to the Chief Advancement Officer and serve as department ambassador to internal and external audiences;
• Collaborate with front-line fundraisers to facilitate the production of philanthropic proposals to donors;
• Facilitate the production of stewardship reports and volunteer committee materials;
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 1-3 years experience working in a dynamic goal-oriented environment; ideally within a development/ alumni relations, public relations, or sales/marketing organization;
• Excellent, oral, writing, and communication skills with the ability to understand and speak compellingly about Brooklyn Law School;
• Experience working with databases, competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Familiarity with complex databases including Colleague or similar platform;
• This position requires confidentiality of Alumni and Donor information and occasionally working long or irregular hours or on weekends.
Brooklyn Law School has a competitive Total Rewards packages which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, 403(b)Pension, Flexible Spending and TransitChek. We have a generous time off policy and promote a healthy work/life balance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Advancement Associate in the subject heading. No calls please. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and resumes received without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Brooklyn Law School is an equal opportunity employer and all interested individuals are encouraged to apply. All of our staff are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.