If interested, please apply via our website at https://collegetrack.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=254
About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning a college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have nine centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, and Louisiana, with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility.
College Track students graduate from college at a rate that is more than double the national average for low-income and first-generation students. Five years out of college, our graduates are employed full-time, and over 85 percent report earnings greater than their parents. By helping our students maximize the value of their four-year college degree--minimize student loan debt, secure internships, and limit the need to work while in college--we prepare them to succeed in the 21st century economy.
We get up every morning dedicated to creating a more just and equitable world, where a college degree is the expectation and not the exception for all students. Our alumni are tomorrow’s leaders, mentors, and innovators, who return to their communities as role models and reaffirm that the American Dream is possible.
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
- COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
- PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation’s college completion story.
- JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
- AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
- EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
Reporting to the Los Angeles Development Director, the Director of Individual Giving is responsible for developing and implementing an individual giving strategy for College Track to raise and sustain at least 500K from individuals in FY19, $1M in FY20, and grow annually. The Director of Individual Giving will develop and execute strategic fundraising efforts to develop and grow relationships with individual donors of all levels.
The Director of Individual Giving will set aggressive growth goals for the regional development team, ensuring the organization meets its growth targets through 2024. The Individual Giving Director is responsible for leveraging existing regional relationships and supporting the regional development team to expand the fundraising pipeline through major gift solicitation, donor stewardship and cultivation, and prospect research.
The Director of Individual Giving will be a highly effective storyteller and relationship builder who can bring to life College Track’s impact in the communities we serve using strong presentation and communication skills that capture the hearts and minds of potential donors and inspires them to support the organization’s mission. This position is ideal for someone who is entrepreneurial, with proven fundraising experience, a proactive and seasoned leader, creative problem solver, and strategic thinker with an aptitude for relationship development.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- In partnership with the Development Director, develop and implement a strategic and diversified individual giving fundraising plan that meets the current annual goal of raising $500K from individuals, and anticipates future needs and growth objectives
- Create and lead the implementation of strategies to identify and secure new individual supporters, fully leverage existing relationships, increase multi-year commitments, and maintain or elevate current commitments
- Design, develop and strengthen strategies and systems to manage initial contact and ongoing cultivation of potential individual donors
- Building relationships with College Track site directors and incorporating programmatic exposure into donor cultivation and renewal strategies
Meeting Individual Giving Fundraising Goals
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of current and future major donors with the potential to contribute gifts of $15-25k or more annually
- Identify major donors' philanthropic interests and provide them with an opportunity to realize an outstanding philanthropic experience through their charitable investment of time, advocacy, and financial support to College Track
- Work collaboratively with Development Director and the national development team to leverage the greatest resources possible for regional objectives
- Partner with Development Director to implement and execute events targeting potential and existing individual donors
- Oversee the entire development business process from donor identification, through collections, to stewardship, ensuring the regional development team produces first-in-class development operations
- Provide updated revenue figures, pipeline reports, and progress towards monthly/quarterly goals in preparation for weekly and monthly progress meetings
- Send gift acknowledgement letters, document in SalesForce, and complete gift transmittal form within 48 hours of receipt
- Identify areas for operational improvements and drive continual improvements of processes
Skills & Experience Required
- 4+ years of fundraising experience
- Track record of success in fundraising, including closing five figure gift
- Experience influencing coworkers to outcomes
- Strong interpersonal, networking, and relationship building skills
- Persuasive written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, plan ahead, and balance multiple high-profile partner priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work with and relate to diverse groups of individuals in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team environment
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside standard established business hours to meet sudden and unpredictable partnership needs
- Knowledge of high net worth community via local business, civic, and cultural networks desirable
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Belief in the potential of all students to reach their full potential
- Committed to succeeding in a team environment
- Driven by results
- Tenacious problem solver
- Compelling conversationalist and intelligent listener
- Exceptional level of authenticity and integrity
- High standard of discipline
- Oriented by a growth mindset
- Comfortable relating to diverse people and personalities
- Extensive experience with donor database management; Salesforce experience highly preferred
- High level of self-awareness, humility, interpersonal skills, and emotional intelligence
- Energized by the opportunity to revamp and grow regional development operations
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please upload a resume and cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.