70 Lincoln Center Plaza
FILM SOCIETY OF LINCOLN CENTER
POSITION: Individual Giving Manager
LOCATION: New York
The Individual Giving Manager collaborates with the Assistant Director of Development and the Director of Development to manage a diverse portfolio of Patron and Chairman’s Circle donors and prospects. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Development and working with other members of the Development team, the Individual Giving Manager is responsible for meeting annual individual giving goals. S/he will conduct research and identify prospects; cultivate, steward, and solicit major gifts; draft, develop, and refine proposals; and ensure all reporting requirements and deadlines are met. The Individual Giving Manager will assist in achieving fundraising goals for special campaigns. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages an active portfolio of individual donors and prospects.
- Develops tailored cultivation and solicitation strategies for new and existing donors in line with the Film Society’s priorities and prospects’ interests.
- Supports the Director of Development and Assistant Director of Development in expanding the donor pipeline for major gifts.
- Collaborates with the Assistant Director of Development to ensure a consistent high-quality donor experience through correspondence, engagement, proposals, mailings and timely acknowledgments.
- Stewards and cultivates relationships with current donors through personal meetings, invitations to events and festivals, mailings, etc. Coordinates key donor visits with executive and senior staff in addition to scheduling and personally visiting donors. Assists with solicitations for special campaigns (endowment and/or capital).
- Conducts research on individual and foundation donor prospects, compiling information and adding to donor management system. Identifies and qualifies new prospects and donors.
- Supports the Director of Development and Assistant Director of Development in planning and launching special fundraising initiatives of the Executive Office.
- Drafts correspondence, cover letters, proposals, and other development collateral as necessary for donors, prospects, and events.
- Provides general administrative support and performs other duties as assigned.
Galas, Festivals and Special Events:
- Supports development event-related responsibilities (research, outreach, committee activities, greeting, and logistics planning) for events, including: Annual Chaplin Award Gala, New York Film Festival, and other donor cultivation and stewardship events, such as series/festival receptions and dinners, etc.
- Assists the Assistant Director of Development, as necessary, in managing overall donor festival experience, including ticketing, seating, and concierge experiences.
- Collaborates with Special Events, as necessary, for fundraising aspects of the Annual Chaplin Award Gala, New York Film Festival, annual series and screenings, and other events.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree or nonprofit management experience preferred; a minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated fundraising success. Additional requirements include:
- Proven track record of maintaining and growing major giving revenue lines through in-person meetings and cultivation.
- Systems-oriented leader with well-honed fundraising operations and management skills.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Commitment to the organizational mission, and the ability to articulate the organization’s needs, opportunities and aspirations with clarity and enthusiasm.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker and problem solver with a collaborative and entrepreneurial mindset.
- A collaborative and effective team member who is well-organized, able to plan strategically, and execute responsibilities in the face of multiple priorities.
- Interest/experience in institutional giving strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with Tessitura preferred.
- Sense of humor a must.
Assistant Director of Development
FULL-TIME___X___ If full-time, number of months per year__12__
PART-TIME_______ If part-time, number of hours per week______
REGULAR ___X___ TEMPORARY______
Minimum Education Required