Details: per hour DOE
134 Golden Gate Avenue
Larkin Street provides youth between the ages of 12 and 24 with the help they need to rebuild their lives. Each year, more than 3,000 youth walk through our doors seeking help. We give them a place where they can feel safe; rebuild their sense of self-respect, trust, and hope; learn school, life and job skills; and find the confidence to build a future.
We raise the bar by redefining success from securing independent housing to achieving a permanent pathway out of poverty. We have established bold goals for the youth in our services:
• Living-wage employment
• Two years of post-secondary education
• Safe and stable housing
• Physical and emotional well-being
POSITION TITLE: Data Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Organizational Learning
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Data Coordinator provides support for the data management, program evaluation, and reporting functions of the Research & Evaluation department. The Data Coordinator's primary responsibility is the administration of Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), Larkin Street’s cloud-based client data management system. As the agency’s ETO Administrator, this position oversees all aspects of managing the system, including staff account management, system troubleshooting and revisions, quality assurance and control, and the provision of related staff support and training. This role provides critical support for the department's program evaluation and reporting functions by ensuring that the system is serving its purposes related to capturing and reporting data.
Day-to-day technical administration of the system involves overseeing account management activities, working closely with staff and the software vendor to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, making revisions to the system as required by evolving program or reporting needs, implementing quality assurance and quality control processes, and providing ongoing staff training and support as it relates to system usage. The Data Coordinator works closely with department leadership to design and build custom reports within ETO for a variety of purposes, including quality assurance, program and performance management, and grants management. They also provide support on an as-needed basis for data entry as it relates to other internal and external client databases used by the agency.
EXEMPT STATUS: Non Exempt
UNION STATUS: Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Client Database Administration
· Oversees account management activities and provides technical support to end-users of ETO, Larkin Street's cloud-based client data management system.
· Liaises with software vendor (Social Solutions) staff to report and resolve system issues and bugs.
· Works with department leadership to implement revisions to the systems as required by evolving programmatic or reporting needs.
· Maintains up-to-date knowledge of new features and functionalities in the software.
· Works with department leadership to develop and implement QA processes to identify and resolve recurring data quality and data integrity issues.
· Develops and manages schedule of quality assurance activities.
· Designs and builds custom reports in ETO for quality assurance, program and performance management, and grants management purposes.
· Proactively identifies and implements opportunities for data collection improvements.
· Documents data quality standards and quality assurance processes.
Staff Support and Training
· Provides ongoing training and support to staff on data collection responsibilities and processes.
· Manages technical training resources and develops new materials as needed.
· Provides additional or ongoing training and support to staff as required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides data entry support for other internal and external database systems used by the agency.
· Other duties as required.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Finger manipulation.
- Ability to comprehend complex materials.
· Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred but equivalent experience and certifications will be considered.
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE:
· 2+ years related experience with relational databases and data management required, preferably in a non-profit setting.
· Prior experience with Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) highly preferred.
· Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of relevant software packages (MS Excel, MS Access, SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence) required.
· Proficiency with SQL Server desirable.
· Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be self-directed, and take initiative.
· Knowledge of and experience with data collection related to at-risk youth issues preferred.
· Ability to work well with and to support a multidisciplinary team.
This position is represented by SEIU 1021 under a collective bargaining agreement.
$20.98-24.85 per hour DOE
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Minimum Education Required