Details: Commensurate with Experience
515 North Street
The YWCA White Plains & Central Westchester is seeking a Program Director for its day, evening and weekend Recreational Respite Special Programs.
The Program Director is responsible for all aspects of operation, development and implementation of the YWCA’s respite services provided to individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Position is responsible for program management, fiscal management, compliance with OPWDD and Medicaid regulations, agency policies, and strategic planning consistent with the agency mission. Oversight of all aspects of program administration including:
· Delivery of high quality recreational, respite and community habilitation services.
· Staff supervision, development, training and support on a regular and ongoing basis.
· Continuous fiscal management of the department’s programs and services.
· Administration of recreational activities for persons with disabilities.
· Onsite visitations, observations and inspections at the program site.
· Be available via cellphone for emergency situations and incident management as needed.
· Assuring a safe and caring environment for program participants during on-site activities.
· Maintaining program standards in accordance with OPWDD and Medicaid regulations, and agency policy, mission and philosophy.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) with at least 5 years’ experience in special education, health administration or a related field.
Requires minimum 3 years related supervisory experience in respite or related field. Requires minimum 3 years working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities or related special needs.
In addition, has the following skills and experience:
• Proven knowledge of OPWDD and Medicaid regulations and the delivery of person centered (PCP), recreation and respite services to individuals of varying ages with developmental disabilities.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of funding streams, billing requirements and fiscal management skills.
· Certification or ability to be certified in first aid, CPR and medication administration (if required) within 3 months of employment.
· Valid NY driver’s license required.
· Computer skills including word, excel and email competency.
The YWCA of White Plains & Central Westchester is a dynamic organization whose mission is to eliminate racism and empower woman. Each week over 4,000 women, children and their families are served through our child care, nursery school, after-school, summer camp, athletic and mission based programs. In addition, the YWCA provides a home for 193 low-income women at our Residence.
The YWCA is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Competitive benefits packages
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume with cover letter to Dante Hudson