Details: Competitive salary with excellent benefits.
The Nation, America’s leading progressive print and online journal, seeks an Advertising Sales Manager with affinity for The Nation’s mission. Position will have responsibility for growing print and web advertising revenue and end-to-end responsibility for all phases of the advertising sales process, including direct-to-client and top agency contacts. The Advertising Sales Manager must be proactive and innovative and consistently produce revenue to meet and exceed aggressive targets.
- Ability to sell print circulation as well as desktop and mobile impressions and other digital formats (including email lists).
- Develop and implement ad strategy, ad budgets (both revenue and expense).
- Help create customized ad products in response to advertiser demand.
- Create high-quality sales proposals and collateral materials.
The successful candidate must hit the ground running, selling to an existing book of clients and new business. A practical understanding of backend processes is needed, for example forecasting, reporting, list suppression, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience.
- Knowledge of and affinity for progressive community and progressive values.
- Proven success in selling within the print and digital advertising space with established knowledge of and relationships with advertising decision makers.
- Superior communication skills.
- Knowledge of pricing metrics including CPM, CPA, CPC, etc. and IAB standard dimensions and best practice.
- Familiarity with DFP, GA and similar Google packages, including AdExchange.
Position works out of The Nation’s New York City offices. Congenial workplace offering competitive salary and excellent benefits. The Nation Co. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls or postal mail please.
Minimum Education Required