240 Second Avenue
Job Summary: The Development Associate reports to the Director of Development and is a key member of a lively, collaborative three-person team. The candidate also works closely with the Executive Director and serves as liaison to the Board of Directors. The Development Associate is involved in the full range of development and agency activities and is responsible for individual giving mailings and acknowledgments, database management, serving as point person for organizing and executing events and meetings, supporting grant proposals and a range of other administrative and development functions. We are looking for a candidate who is eager to strengthen his/her skills in all facets of nonprofit development and who relishes being part of fast-moving organization serving the next generation of New Yorkers. The successful candidate will be dynamic, detail-oriented and tech-savvy, with excellent writing and administrative skills and a genuine interest in CDI’s mission.
- Responsible for producing and overseeing development mailings, including producing annual fund appeal letters and acknowledgments
- Prepare mailing lists and donor reports from database.
- Assist with the production of the annual report
· Database management: manage and maintain DonorPerfect, including entering and acknowledging all gifts, maintaining donor contact information and giving histories
- Support the department’s fundraising strategies by running queries, analyzing data, and producing reports.
- Work with the Controller to reconcile and ensure accuracy of monthly income reconciliations
Executive Director and Board Support
· Assist the Executive Director in a range of administrative and other functions
· Serve as a liaison for the Board of Directors meetings and activities
· Manage administration for quarterly board meetings including the board book and agenda in coordination with Executive Director
· Manage board members’ requests
· Support board and committee meetings as appropriate by sending agendas and reminders, and taking minutes
Event and Volunteer Support
· Support the development and implementation of CDI’s annual events, including corporate, volunteer and fundraising events.
· Support volunteer requests and assignments
Proposal & Grant Reporting Assistance
· Assist with proposal development including proofreading, compiling submission requirements, and attending relevant pre-proposal conferences and other informational sessions
· Maintain funding calendars and deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years prior development or other relevant experience
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as well as independently in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with ability to prioritize, manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
· Overall flexibility, diligence and readiness to be a hands-on team player
· Keen eye for detail
· Problem-solving orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a variety of stakeholders including staff, board members, volunteers and students
- Superlative skills in all programs in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in CRM database management such as Donor Perfect or Blackbaud preferred.
CDI offers competitive compensation and opportunities for personal and professional growth as well as the rewards of serving high-need students from across New York City. CDI is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and the diversity of its workforce.
Minimum Education Required