2100 Arch St. 4th Floor
JEVS Human Services is currently hiring for a Part Time SAT/ACT Tutor for our Career Strategies Youth program. This program offers a variety of standardized test prep, admissions and financial aid counseling to help individuals with post-secondary plans for college, trade and vocational programs.
In this role you will provide Career Strategies’ clients instruction on current college prep testing, and needed guidance in all aspects of these tests. You will provide test-taking strategies, and tutoring in math, critical reading and writing.
- Provide individual and group tutoring to clients preparing to take SAT or ACT tests.
- Develop curriculum for new SAT
- Participate in special projects relevant to the program as needed
- Experience in individual and group instruction of new SAT and ACT tests
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; major in education and/or educational guidance highly preferred
- 2+ years’ experience teaching/tutoring standardized testing
- Good organizational skills required
- Must have excellent communication skills with young adults and families; experience with group and individual tutoring is a plus
- Must have own transportation.
- Willingness to provide flexible working hours on occassion
Pay Range: $28-32/hour
JEVS Human Services is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities. The Agency will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment) on account of a person’s gender, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preference or orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, military status, veteran status, handicap, disability, or membership in any other protected group. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; reasonable accommodations will be provided.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply online now by clicking here!