Aperture seeks a Development Coordinator to provide administrative and programmatic support to all development staff members, and report to the Senior Manager, Individual Development and Institutional Funding Officer, in work overseeing the areas of Individual Development, including a Membership Program, and Institutional Development.
The Development Coordinator is a key liaison and will work closely with the
Director and other departments throughout the foundation, and will interact with trustees and donors.
Individual giving and special events:
· Work collaboratively with members of the Development Department to achieve and exceed fundraising goals.
· Assist the Director of Development and Senior Manager, Individual Development with meetings, events, and travel program coordination and logistics, preparing agendas and event briefs, time-sensitive correspondence, and tracking RSVPs.
· Respond to donor inquiries and other departmental requests.
· Process and track all gifts for the Development Department.
· Provide prospect research as needed.
· Provide front line support at events for the Development Department, including two annual benefit parties and auctions
· Manage mailings and e-correspondence for event invitations, acknowledgement and thank you letters, invoices, art fair passes to high-level donors, and other special donor and member gifts.
· Responsible for data management and integrity to maintain accurate donor records in the database for reporting purposes.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- Research and regularly update foundation files using website searches and online databases including Foundation Directory Online and GuideStar. Maintain the Institutional Funding Officer’s calendar of grant proposal and report deadlines.
- Draft acknowledgement letters
- In collaboration with Institutional Funding Officer, monitor Aperture’s programs for grant reporting (narrative and financial).
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1 to 3 years of prior development experience, preferably with a not-for-profit organization.
- Detail-oriented and well organized with ability to work both as a team member and independently.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize and juggle multiple tasks.
- Personable and able to form solid relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and sincere interest in cultivating diverse perspectives.
- Database experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Availability to work some extra evenings and weekends as necessary.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Health, Dental, PTO, 401k
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and a thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, one relevant writing sample (no longer than 2 pages), and how you heard about this opportunity, to email@example.com, using the following conventions:
Subject line: Development Coordinator
Cover Letter, Resume, and writing sample (in one PDF): yourfirstname_yourlastname_developmentcoordinator.pdf
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. NO CALLS, PLEASE
Aperture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage qualified professionals across all diverse groups to apply.