5201 Old York Road
Pathways to Housing PA (PTHPA) is a non-profit agency located in the Logan section of Philadelphia. The mission of PTHPA is to empower people with disabilities to improve their housing stability, increase wellness, and to reclaim their lives. Housing First – As simple as it is revolutionary!
Grace and kindness are simple words but sometimes the practice of grace and kindness is not so simple, especially when facing great personal and professional challenges. Yet, those are the words that define how we do our work, and those are words that define our employees, who never cease to amaze us or to give us hope, especially as we continue to expand our work to include others in desperate need. This expansion has created many new and exciting opportunities!
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR Director in supporting all functions of the department.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits management, onboarding, recruitment/employment, HRIS administration/payroll processing, credentialing and assists the HR Director with employee relations, policy implementation, performance management, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform benefits administration with assistance from broker, approves invoices for payment, and communicates benefits information to employees.
- Assist with the recruitment effort for all employees, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors the onboarding process; and writes and places advertisements.
- Maintain the human resource information system (HRIS) records and compiles reports from the database.
- Process the bi-weekly payroll.
- Maintain credentialing files and ensures they are in compliance with funder’s requirements.
- Assist with coordinating HR related employee/management functions – staff meetings, retreats, HR trainings, annual Open Enrollment meetings, etc.
- Handle requests from external parties and jurisdictions including employment verifications, compliance reporting, wage garnishments, and unemployment compensation inquiries.
- Provide reports to HR Director and other managers such as PTO Report, Performance Evaluations due, Employee Rosters, etc. and handle internal reporting requirements – OSHA log, workers compensation/incident reports.
- Assist employees with understanding rights and responsibilities related to leaves and manage employee disability leaves and all leaves of absence (FMLA, ADA, etc.).
- Maintain company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assist with the delivery and implementation of HR processes and programs.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Other HR projects and related duties.
Essential Education, Experience and Skills:
· Minimum of five years’ progressive Human Resources experience, preferably in a not-for-profit environment
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources preferred
· Ability to maintain confidential information and be professional and diplomatic
· Experience with HRIS systems, preferably ADP and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office required
· Ability to work independently, make decisions, and demonstrate sound judgment
· Strong organizational, planning, problem analysis and problem solving skills and attention to detail required
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to develop rapport with a diverse population
· Ability to review and interpret HR policies, programs and practices and develop and communicate appropriate responses to employees
· Ability to work together in a team environment
· Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations
PTHPA offers very generous paid time off, medical and dental insurance, a 3% non-matching employer contribution to 401(k), and many others!
Minimum Education Required