The Development Officer, Major Gifts will foster a culture of philanthropy within the organization and assure that the organization’s corporate culture, systems, standards and procedures are implemented at the branch level. He/She will also provide leadership and creativity in the process of association-wide efforts and provide ongoing trainings to support supplementary efforts.
The Development Officer, Major Gifts will work in partnership with Branch Executive Directors to secure Major Gifts for local Y’s and have the opportunity to ensure the thoughtful, detailed and successful strategy for the Annual Fund Campaign by maximizing membership participation, board, community and major gift potential. He/She will also manage a Major Gift portfolio and will foster these relationships with a goal to lead to more robust and targeted support of local branches. He/she will also support the implementation of the moves-management process, the upkeep of accurate to-date note-keeping and tracking and continue to establish comprehensive giving strategies to streamline the solicitation process.
The Development Officer, Major Gifts will have matrixed reporting to the Director of Annual Giving with branch-related work, and with the Chief Development officer who will provide advice and counsel regarding the management of their Association Major Gift donor pool.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications- must have a car
*Travel: 50% travel in local Boston Area
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent experience
• Accomplished professional with 3-5years or more of fundraising experience with specific expertise in major gifts
• Passion and commitment to the YMCA’s mission of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility
• Minimum of 3 or more years of leadership/supervisory experience with the ability to manage, motivate and develop individuals and teams both directly and indirectly.
• Strong knowledge of fundraising best practices and ability to monitor and adapt trends and best practices where appropriate to enhance Mission Advancement efforts. Demonstrated track record of setting and meeting/exceeding specific fundraising goals within the expected time period.
• Demonstrated capacity to build sustainable, philanthropic relationships with volunteers and with donors that directly influences higher giving over time.
• Superior verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to adapt communication to the appropriate audience. Strong writing skills are essential.
• Demonstrated ability to take accountability for results, take initiative, as well as be adaptable, resilient, highly organized, and detail-oriented.
• Demonstrated collaboration and influencing skills with the ability to foster trust both internally and externally.
• Ability to travel locally as needed to support mission advancement activities
• Meets any physical qualifications required as outlined in job description. The YMCA will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
Minimum Education Required