33 W. Grand St.
Under supervision of the Director of Donor Engagement, this position builds, supports, and advances high-quality, year-round relationships with key segments of individuals, particularly leadership and major donors and prospects, to attract and sustain resources (financial, volunteer and advocacy) to support United Way of Greater Union County strategic direction and community impact initiatives. This role provides the support necessary to continue to build and maintain robust leadership, major and planned giving relationships. Normal office hours are 9:00 AM-5PM; additional events and meetings outside of normal business hours as necessary.
Segmented, Experience-Based Relationship Management
• Execute year-round engagement plans and key metrics for high-priority segments of donors (including but not limited to Leaders’ Circle, Loyal Donors, 1st and 2nd year donors, Individual Giving) with goals of helping donors achieve their lifetime philanthropic aspirations, building donor loyalty through personalized engagement, increasing average gift, and increasing involvement in giving, advocating and volunteering with United Way. Assist in developing engagement plans as requested.
• Manage a segmented thank you process: draft and produce personalized and high-volume thanks for high-priority segments of donors (i.e. Leaders’ Circle, Loyal Donors, some Tocqueville donors), manage personalized thank you calls to Leaders’ Circle, Tocqueville thank call lists for staff/board/volunteers, and activities for other key segments of donors.
• Identify opportunities and produce personalized donor stewardship communications to advance stronger engagement and affinity with United Way with high-priority donor segments (i.e. personalized birthday cards, “on the move” congratulations, e-newsletter content).
• Produce pre-printed pledge forms for Leaders’ Circle and Tocqueville donors, as well as for specific companies, and other identified segments.
• Coordinate and/or execute lapsed and lapsing donor outreach.
Data Management, Analytics, and Research
• Manage donor data efficiently and accurately: such as inputting donor visit notes, updating annual leadership donor roster names and contact information, resolving identity conflicts, producing ongoing donor and prospect research, and recording donor touches/communications, contact/biographical/social media information in donor database.
• Manage donor engagement information, gathering data and populating reports including, but not limited to: donor touch points, web/electronic/social media analytics, and direct mail/email campaigns.
• Identify and research lapsed and lapsing donors.
• Collect data and/or research to drive decisions (i.e. incentives, evergreen giving) as requested.
Event Management and Communications
• Provide coordination and logistical support for events and special projects.
• Assist in the implementation of company-specific Leaders’ Circle events and strategy.
• Assist in the execution of planned giving marketing strategy.
• Assist in maintenance of UWGUC public website, marketing materials, mailings and other documents.
• Schedule meetings, manage calendars, and provide administrative support as needed. Other
• Other fundraising, donor engagement, and administrative duties as requested.
• Participate as a team member in Resource Development and organizational activities.
• Provide superior service that exceeds the expectations of both internal and external customers.
• Volunteer and actively participate in projects, special events, cross-functional teams or workgroups that support the work of the entire organization.
Excellent Written and Oral communication skills
Friendly, upbeat demeanor
Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Able to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
Database management experience
EEOC: United Way of Greater Union County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. United Way of Greater Union County is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. All employment decisions at United Way of Greater Union County are made without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability or military/veteran status, or any other protected class as set forth under applicable State, Local and Federal Civil Rights Laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and any written samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.