Details: Commensurate with experience
Jumpstart is a national early education organization that recruits and trains college students and community volunteers to work with preschool children in low-income neighborhoods. Through a research based curriculum, Jumpstart children develop the language and literacy skills they need to be ready for school, setting them on a path to close the achievement gap before it is too late. Join us to work toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed! Learn more at www.jstart.org.
The Director of Development is a member of a national development team working to raise the level of funding and visibility that will allow for continued organizational success. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Director develops and carries out a moves management plan for selected national donors and prospects – with an emphasis on growing the funding base across individual, foundation, corporate, and government sources in Atlanta. The Director also manages an advisory board, based in Atlanta. The Director of Development effectively partners with members of Jumpstart’s development team across the country to meet annual revenue goals and advance national fundraising efforts.
· Develop and execute an aggressive fundraising strategy that will include moves-management with individual, corporate, government, and foundation prospects and donors, totaling approximately $2 million of the overall organizational revenue goal
· Proactively identify and develop opportunities to grow local donors into national funders, when appropriate
· Participate in in-person cultivation and solicitation meetings with VPs, CDO, CEO, and other staff and/or board members, as appropriate
· Coordinate quarterly Advisory Board meetings and effectively steward and leverage members, as appropriate
· Work with development team writers on effective and successful funding proposals and ensure exceptional and timely grant reporting and stewardship
· Promote Jumpstart and support fundraising objectives through the effective design and coordination of special events, as needed
· Work across the Jumpstart network to implement best practices, and share current trends, challenges, and opportunities
· Collaborate and network with other directors and team members across the Jumpstart network
• At least 7 years of experience in fundraising, sales, or development work including the development and implementation of strategic revenue generation plans
• Demonstrated leadership in driving and managing teams to achieve established goals
• Demonstrated success identifying, cultivating, securing, and growing a network of individual, corporate, government, and foundation donors, with evidence of securing gifts of $25,000 and greater
• Strong communication, including written, public speaking and presentation skills, with evidence of successful relationship management and donor communications
• Proven success in developing and implementing appeals through both traditional and emerging methodologies
• Proven experience in the execution of high-quality and strategic special events
• Comprehensive development operations, systems, analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills with the ability to plan and implement in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities
• Energetic, enthusiastic, team-player interested in growing within an entrepreneurial environment
• Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values of learning, connection, determination, joy, and kindness
Preferred or Ideal
• Previous supervisory experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, and inclusion work
Approximately 15-20% local travel, as needed; along with travel to Boston, MA for annual Development Leadership Team retreat required
Excellent benefits package, including health, dental, and vision plans; generous PTO and sick time; paid holidays; and a 401k plan with an employer match, along with a great work environment!
Level of Language Proficiency
English fluency required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete an online application. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.