Details: Competitive and commensurate with experience
20 Jay St.
About Explore Schools:
Explore Schools is a network of public charter schools providing 2,000 students in Brooklyn with the outstanding education they deserve. Our mission is to provide students with the academic skills and critical-thinking abilities they need to succeed in a college-preparatory high school.
What We Believe:
- We believe that all children can learn when immersed in a rich environment full of high expectations, rigorous academics, and caring, committed adults.
- A child’s educational outcome and life trajectory should not be determined solely by their zip code.
- It is both our privilege and responsibility to help close the opportunity gap in the Central Brooklyn community by increasing the high school graduation rate by 10%.
About the Position:
Explore Schools is seeking a Physical Education Teacher who possesses the grit, dedication, and necessary skills to prepare our scholars for success in high school and beyond. We are seeking educators who believe deeply in our student-centered mission by constantly holding students to high expectations, working tirelessly towards results, and possessing a “whatever it takes” attitude. Ideal candidates thrive on continuous feedback, value collaboration, have a strong background in physical education, and continuously strive to improve their craft.
- Provide a range of instructional, management, and assessment strategies to meet the needs of all scholars.
- Create rigorous lessons and units of study that are driven by data and promote critical thinking through physical education, health education, and kinesthetic learning.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create engaging lessons and consistent behavior systems that promote a positive school culture.
- Consistently hold students to high behavioral and academic expectations.
- Participate in creating, revising, administering, and grading assessments and tracking student data.
- Continuously cultivate strong relationships with students and families through open communication.
- Create an inviting and engaging classroom culture that sparks creativity and love of learning.
- Dedication to our mission.A steadfast commitment to ensuring our students have the tools they need to attend a college preparatory high school and beyond.
- A willingness to make things happen and a sense of urgency around closing the achievement gap.
- Strong communication.The ability to communicate in a direct and sensitive fashion with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Team player.A desire to work in a team-oriented environment and collaborate with colleagues.
- Growth mindset.An ability to receive frequent feedback with humility and a strong desire to grow and develop as an educator.
- Reflective attitude.An ability to constantly reflect on student data as well as personal areas of strength and growth.
- Willingness to work in an ever-changing field and face challenges with a positive attitude.
- Professional integrity.A personal alignment with the values and ethical standards of Explore Schools.
- Master’s degree, strongly preferred
- Exceptional knowledge of enrichment area, required
- New York State teaching certification, required
- Competitive and commensurate with experience
Competitive benefits package
Minimum Education Required