The American Craft Council is seeking a part time Show Operations Assistant to provide support in planning and managing the American Craft shows and other events (15 hours per week-more during show weeks).
The Show Operations Assistant is a key point of contact for show exhibitors and provides customer service for applications and registrations. Good communication, attention to detail and data entry skills are critical for planning these events and scheduling travel arrangements for staff.
Bring your talent for organizing trade shows or events, and a desire to join a fun and dynamic team. Project management and interpersonal skills will be key to your success as you work with the Show Team and other staff during an exciting time at the American Craft Council.
ACC is building a dynamic and collaborative work environment that values people and their professional development. Take this opportunity to join a team that is dedicated to convening the craft community and its supporters; and providing new opportunities for artists and makers.
● Minimum two years’ experience organizing trade shows or events.
● Strong organizational, customer service, writing and interpersonal skills.
● Comfortable taking ownership of projects and generating new ones.
● Possess an upbeat attitude and ability to articulate thoughts and ideas with the team.
● Ability to multi-task in a team-oriented environment while paying close attention to detail.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and comfortable learning online systems for ticketing and registration.
● Skilled in data entry and possess basic knowledge of accounts receivable and box office.
● Ability to deal with demands and questions in collegial but firm manner.
● Experience working with artists a plus.
● Ability to travel to shows and work occasional weekends.
The ACC is a community that believes in the value of things made by hand, the people who create them, and the meaning that creativity brings to everyday life. ACC champions craft through American Craft – a bimonthly magazine, national juried shows, a specialized research library, achievement awards, and educational workshops and seminars. To learn more about ACC visit www.craftcouncil.org
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The American Craft Council is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
We value diversity, inclusiveness, and equity and welcome candidates from all walks of life.
Minimum Education Required