86-01 23rd Avenue
The position processes records for Finance and assist with projects and internal and external reporting.
The tasks are conducted primarily by the Processor or in conjunction with supervisor.
· Assists in the A/P process by reviewing invoices and checking that internal control procedures for internal and external documentation are followed. Schedules and prepares checks, resolves discrepancies/errors related to purchase orders, invoices, contracts, etc. Monitor discount opportunities and ensures that the appropriate credit(s) are received
· Prints and obtains signature for A/P checks and distributes of signed checks
· Processes and pays employee expense reports and/or requests for advances and wire payments during scheduled check runs
· Reviews vendor statements and reconciles vendor accounts and related transactions on a monthly basis
· Maintains A/P files and reports. Prepares analysis of accounts as required
· Posts monthly journal entries and assists with preparation and posting of cash receipts
· Researches and resolves vendor inquiries in conjunction with supervisor and document relative action
· Works with supervisor in the distribution and analysis of monthly budget reports
· Assists with additional internal reporting and several compliance audits as needed
· Obtains W-9 forms and maintains 1099 vendor information
Level of Language Proficiency
Education and/or Experience Requirements
Associate’s degree in Accounting with 3 years relative experience
Experience with various databases and software
Attention to detail, organized, oral and written communication skills, flexible and results driven
Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately with reasonable speed, organize assigned work, analyze problems and develop appropriate work methods
Ability to collect data, define problems, establish facts and draw conclusions.
Ability to understand and follow directions
Work environment and physical functions
This position is located in an office environment. Generally, an employee needs to be able to sit, stand, and navigate within the office area. The office equipment either individually used or shared with a department is the responsibility of all employees.
Previous work experience in Accounting/Finance department
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested in any of the positions below, email your resume to Mary Durkin noting the job you would like to apply for:
The college thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for interviews and/or further consideration will be contacted.