Details: COMPENSATION Position starts at $20 an hour. Flexibility available for the right candidate.
Repair the World is dedicated to making deep and meaningful volunteer service a central part of Jewish life. We enable people to transform their neighborhoods, cities and lives through meaningful service experiences, rooted in Jewish values, history and heritage.
Repair the World is seeking a part-time Accounting Assistant based in Repair’s New York City office. The ideal person is a detail-oriented self-starter who supports the timely and accurate financial processes and presentation of our financial records through transaction review and entry, analysis, and administration. Basic accounting skills, attention to detail, and ability to document accounting entries are essential.
This position will start off as 24 hours a week and has the potential to become full-time starting in January. Since we are a growing organization, the position also has advancement opportunities.
Support Repair the World’s Finance team through timely and accurate work in the following areas:
- Accounts Payable/Receivable review and entry
- Expense report review
- Cash disbursements
- Credit card expense review
- Expense analysis and allocation
- Records maintenance
- Support preparations for yearly audit, quarterly board reporting and monthly financial close
- Other duties as assigned
- BA in accounting or related field or comparable experience
- Minimum of one year prior work experience in an office environment
- Prior training in accounting
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Grasp complex concepts and systems quickly
- Be responsible, resourceful, and proactive
- Prioritize under pressure, multitask effectively, and meet deadlines
- Highly competent in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong work ethic and desire to be part of a hard-working, highly engaged and highly accountable team
Additional Useful Qualifications
- Flexibility and good humor
- Interest in the mission of Repair the World
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration, please submit a resume and concise cover letter here by September 30th. The position is expected to begin ASAP
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
People of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual and cultural backgrounds
Position starts at $20 an hour. Flexibility available for the right candidate.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume and concise cover letter through the link above