Marketing and Events Coordinator - Part-time/Benefits Eligible
- Job posted by Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts
Details: Competitive salary and benefits
138 Tremont Street
St. Paul’s Episcopal Cathedral, Boston
Marketing & Events Coordinator
25 hrs/week – Benefits Eligible Employee
Located in the heart of Boston, St. Paul’s Cathedral functions as the center of mission for the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts. As such, we offer liturgy and music in the best of the Anglican tradition, past and present. Amid the very active life of our Diocese, one of the largest in the United States, our Cathedral’s doors remain open to all, with scheduled worship and quiet sanctuary available nearly every day.
The Marketing & Events Coordinator will help advance the mission of the cathedral, marketing and promoting all its events, services, and activities, including renting our space for events, weddings, and other functions. This employee will report to the Dean and will work collaboratively with the Administrator, Facilities Manager, Sextons, Reception, and Cathedral community leaders. This position is 25 hours a week with the schedule to be made with the Dean.
· Promote and advertise weekly services, activities, and events of the Cathedral communities.
· Ensure website is properly up-to-date and promoting the Cathedral.
· Promote events via Social Media accounts.
· Create printed materials to promote and advertise weekly services and events.
· Reach out to local universities and non-profits to explore rental and joint-programming possibilities.
· Promptly respond to inquiries about space rental use.
· Schedule, plan, and manage all space rentals.
· Create and enforce contracts for events.
· Increase our space usage income by building and maintaining new and existing vendor relationships.
· Coordinate and maintain Outlook Calendar with Reception.
· Prepare, keep updated “space use tracker” for use in annual reports.
· Ensure proper and respectful use of the building and enforce building policies.
· Give tours of St. Paul’s Cathedral to build public profile and increase space use inquiries.
· Update, maintain current and future contracts.
· Communicate with Sextons and Facility Manager as events approach with set-up details.
· Be the main contact representative for wedding inquiries by corresponding with couples to provide information about holding their wedding at St. Paul’s Cathedral.
· Build relationships with catering managers and wedding planners in the area to increase wedding inquiries.
· Represent the Church at wedding rehearsals and ceremonies and answer last-minute questions as needed.
· Coordinate event deposits with Administrator.
· Work with Administrator on marketing and other tasks as needed.
The successful Marketing & Events Coordinator will have:
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook.
· Experience in Marketing and Event Planning.
· Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and listening.
· Demonstrated skill in marketing, hospitality, and customer service.
· Timely, efficient, and able to self-manage.
· The ability to manage many events coinciding.
· Willing to be flexible with hours when necessary.
· A team player that is willing to jump in and help if necessary.
Pro-rated vacation (4 weeks), holidays and sick/personal time-off benefits
10%/salary retirement contribution
Minimum Education Required