35 Orchard Street
The full-time case manager will provide routine monitoring of a primary caseload of chronically homeless, mentally ill individuals varying from weekly to biweekly contacts by telephone, office visits, and home visits. The primary focus is to identify unmet service needs that may impact housing stability, and to provide clients with information on support services and referrals in order to avoid client from becoming homeless.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide outreach to clients on regular basis to help identify what their changing needs may be for supportive services and entitlements provided by other agencies.
· Determine what, if any, existing linkages clients may have with agencies that provide needed support services.
· After obtained a signed release, connect with outside agencies providing services to client (mental health services, medical services) to ensure client is complying with treatment.
· Provide referrals to services such as primary and specialist health care, mental health and substance abuse treatment, ICM and COBRA case management, benefit entitlements, nutritional support, legal services, and all other available community services.
· Meet individually with clients for the purpose of monitoring clients’ well-being and making referrals for supportive services at other agencies.
· At least monthly, meet with client at their current apartment to monitor how client is able to maintain independent living and to monitor clients’ needs for apartment repairs, extermination services, and heat/hot water and report housing issues
· At least twice a year, perform a full biopsychosocial assessment on each client to identify emerging issues that may signal a crisis and/or the need for additional support services and interventions.
· Under the advisement of the Program Supervisor, attend and/or organize case conferences with clients and other agencies to lend support to the process of determining how client crises will be resolved.
· Document all conversations and meetings with clients and involved agencies through written case management notes.
· Monitor clients’ abilities to meet financial obligations, specifically rent shares and utility payments, and report any difficulties directly to the Program Director and the Program Supervisor.
· Keep client files up to date by placing copies of documentation received from Housing Services staff and other agencies in client files.
- A bachelor’s degree in a human services field, or a BSW.
- Three to five years’ experience performing case management at social services or community based agency.
- Must have a valid NYS Driver’s License.
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of HIV infection and substance use issues.
- Computer literate (MS Word and Excel -- PowerPoint and Access helpful)
- Familiarity with using AIRS preferred.
Please submit a letter of introduction along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medical, dental, term life insurance and 403(b). 25 days paid time off. 9 paid holidays
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please respond with a letter of introduction and resume to Vanessa Panico, Program Director at email@example.com.