Position Location: Flexible
Apply by: 6/21/21
JFF is a national nonprofit that drives transformation in the American workforce and education systems. For over 35 years, JFF has led the way in designing innovative and scalable solutions that create access to economic advancement for all. Learn more about JFF and join us as we build a future that works.
About the position:
The Senior Program Manager, Postsecondary Technical Assistance role on the Learning Unit (LU) is a cross-team role that has many opportunities for internal and external relationship management and partnership development. JFF's Learning Unit supports several networks of field leaders and practitioners who share the common goal to drive postsecondary credential attainment and economic mobility in the communities they serve.
Reporting to the Associate Director, this role will be responsible for management of, and strategy for, technical assistance (TA) and capacity-building services for the Student Success Center (SSC) Network, the Student Success Center Coaching Program, and the Network Demonstration Project (NDP). All these networks work to support community colleges so that all learners get the credentials they need to succeed in today’s changing labor market. The SPM will work directly with stakeholders in the field, including institutional coaches and leadership teams. They will also manage and design service/TA lines and develop the LU’s overall TA and service-delivery approach for the SSCN, the NDP, and the SSCN coaching program.
What you'll do:
- Relationship Building and Management
- Represent JFF in the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) Solutions Design & Delivery (SD&D) ecosystem.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all SD&D partners, liaising between JFF, the service intermediary and provider(s), and all relevant SSCs.
- Attend partner and Gates ecosystem meetings, oversee all NDP service/TA requests to completion, and ensure service budgets are aligned and maintained.
- Collaborate with the internal NDP lead and team to ensure progress towards service goals and objectives, including attending monthly and/or biweekly internal team meetings.
- Develop partnerships across the organization in order to maximize impact and outcomes of strategic goals and objectives.
- Develop partnerships with external organizations who can provide services/TA to the SSCN and the NDP and contribute to the design of proposals for new bodies of work.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of external partners to deliver ongoing professional development for the SSCN coaching program, including co-designing TA offerings and workshops for SSC coaches.
- Project Management
- Manage all SSCN coaching program events, virtual meetings/webinars, and other calls, including liaising with the JFF Events team.
- Prepare all SSCN coaching program communications, including emails and other collaborations with JFF’s Marketing and Communications team, and contribute to the design of communities of practice and associated platforms (Basecamp, Workplace, Canvas, among others).
- Design the LU’s TA for stakeholders, starting with the SSCN, and partner with other JFF units to develop content and approach for TA more broadly.
- Strategic and Analytical Thinking
- Lead the SSCN Coaching Training program, including curriculum design and community of practice management.
- Provide strategic guidance and thought partnership to external partners and clients in the SSCN and to LU leadership aligned with JFF’s strategic goals.
- Contribute insights and input to LU’s BMGF strategy, in particular from SD&D lens, as well as contribute to SD&D ecosystem strategy and process improvements.
- Team Management and Operations
- Serve as a program thought partner for the LU Ops team by supporting the development of team norms, file management, and onboarding.
- Coordinate with the internal SSCN team, including participating in biweekly team meetings, and work planning opportunities.
Who you are:
- You possess high energy and passion for JFF’s mission; ability to apply JFF’s core values to all areas of your work.
- You have 5+ years’ experience and knowledge of postsecondary education, ideally with additional exposure to workforce development, inclusive economic development, and other related fields.
- You have a track record of success in designing and delivering high-quality technical assistance services, using evidence-based adult learning principles and approaches.
- You possess knowledge and skills using tools and online learning platforms and strategies.
- You are organized, with a strong attention to detail, and know how to manage complex projects that include engaging with both internal and external stakeholders.
- You have prior experience building and leading new programs and/or initiatives, and are comfortable with ambiguity, possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and proactively seek out new solutions and innovative approaches to your work.
- You model inclusive leadership, working effectively with diverse staff, and building and stewarding an organizational culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- You build positive, effective, collaborative cultures and teams wherever you work.
- You are a curious and adaptive learner, with a willingness to take in new information, perspectives, and data to inform your work.
- You demonstrate a growth mindset and a desire to continuously improve in your work and approach.
- You are able and willing to travel up to 25% (The frequency will vary according to mix of projects. Note: JFF staff are not currently traveling due to COVID-19 restrictions and to prioritize the health and safety of our staff.)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at JFF:
JFF is committed to sustaining a diverse community with a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and encouraging to all. JFF fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and cultivates diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience.
We are accepting applications through June 21, 2021. Applications submitted by that date will be reviewed and candidates will receive updates on their candidacy by the week of June 28th.
JFF offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience and skills.