Details: Competitive Salary with Benefits
Iridescent is a global engineering and technology education nonprofit that supports low-income communities across the United States and worldwide (especially girls and mothers) to solve problems in their community using engineering and technology tools. It has been running for the past 13 years and has engaged more than 100,000 underserved children and parents across 115+ countries.
Iridescent is expanding its community outreach and engagement efforts and is looking for a team member to steer these efforts. We are looking for self-motivated individuals with event management experience to lead various Iridescent events in the Bay Area.
- Do you have skills that can help grow Iridescent’s reach and visibility?
- Are you passionate about creating opportunities for underserved communities, youth and parents, in engineering, technology and entrepreneurship?
- Do you want to make a difference in the lives of youth, the mentors that help them, and the impact they are making in their societies?
We want to hear from you!
As Events Coordinator, you will:
- Lead recruitment events - such as Technovation launch workshops (25 audience), Technovation regional pitch events (200 audience) and World Pitch (1000 audience) etc.This would include creating invites, tracking registrations, organizing event logistics and supplies, and coordinating venue search and program needs.
- Work collaboratively with corporate engagement team and marketing team to plan and execute our two annual, signature events - lead Technovation World Pitch and support AIFC culmination events in summer. These events will have an attendance of 1000 plus attendees.
- Coordinate logistics for Technovation World Pitch Week including communication with finalist and visiting teams, Regional and Student Ambassadors from across the globe. This includes: ordering event materials, booking flights, hotel arrangements, transportation, and field trips/itinerary for the week.
- Manage corporate engagement and individual funder events organized by Iridescent during the year
- Manage communication with students, mentors, teachers and parents for field trips, and special events during the year
- Maintain relationships with existing and potential community partners in the Bay Area as a community to invite and involve in local programs
Required Qualifications and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and relevant experience
- 3-5 years experience in event planning
- Experience working or volunteering in schools
- Must be based in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Organized, detail oriented, and dependable, with a customer service orientation
- Analytical - comfort with managing data
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work with diverse people, organizations, communities, and cultures
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a small and virtual team
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Innovative thinker and self-motivated team player
- Passion for improving educational experiences and outcomes for youth around the world
Compensation: Competitive Salary with Benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please go to our website and follow instructions or send an email to: email@example.com that includes:
- A cover letter expressing your interest, your relevant qualifications and experience
- Your resume
- A link to your LinkedIn profile (if you have one)
- Screening Task:
- How would you recruit 800 attendees from underserved communities for the Technovation Innovation Celebration event in the Bay Area within 3 months?
- How would you make the event appealing to the local Bay Area families knowing that the finalist families pitching their ideas will be from other regions?