Details: Commensurate with experience
1612 K Street, NW
CAIR Coalition has an immediate opening for a full-time Development Associate to assist with the day-to-day operations of the organization's development and communications programs. The Development Associate provides other support as needed and is supervised by the Development Director and the Executive Director/
CAIR Coalition helps keep immigrant families together by striving to ensure equal justice for immigrant men, women and children threatened with detention and deportation in DC, Maryland and Virginia. We do this through a combination of direct services, advocacy and coalition building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with the Executive Director and Development Consultant to further CAIR Coalition’s development objectives:
- Coordinate planning of fundraising events with development team;
- Work with the development team on long-term development strategy;
- Engage with stakeholders and funders with newsletters, personal correspondence, and solicitations;
- Create fundraising reports;
- Handle grant reporting requirements and invoicing;
- Handle social media accounts; and,
- Track donations and data reporting.
Generous benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, four weeks vacation plus all federal holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Strong ability to exercise independent judgment.
Outstanding interpersonal skills.
Very detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving, organizational, and time-management skills.
Strong ability to plan and prioritize tasks.
Competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database management.
Minimum Education Required