Full Time Temporary
31 Milk Street, Suite 900
Organization Vision: uAspire imagines a day when all young people have the opportunity to reach their full potential by graduating from college, regardless of their families’ financial resources or college experiences.
Organization Summary: uAspire believes that all people should have equitable access to complete an affordable post secondary education, because an affordable education will provide greater life choices and economic prosperity. We focus our efforts on ensuring that all young people have the financial information and resources necessary to achieve their dreams of higher education and provide college affordability advice to students and families; train practitioners throughout the country in college affordability; and work to change policy and systems at the local, state, and federal levels.
This position will primarily support our award letter collection and analysis efforts, which leverage data from financial aid award letters to help students and families make more informed financial decisions. Interns will report directly to the College Affordability Data Manager.
- Award Letter Data Entry and Analysis
- Organization of both hard copies and electronic copies of award letters
- Data entry via Microsoft Excel
- Communicate with external partners to gather missing data to ensure data quality
- Track letters and specific data points to support policy initiatives
- System Creation
- Build sustainable processes that can be replicated in future years
- Document lessons learned and outlines of data entry processes
- Support the creation of college affordability tools and resources
- Overall Support
- Assist with other special projects as assigned
- Current college student
- Belief in and adherence to uAspire’s Organizational Values: Student-Centered, Excellent, Dedicated, Collaborative, and Systems-Focused
- High degree of professionalism, tact, initiative, and diplomacy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong capability to problem-solve on own and with others
- Ability to organize and work efficiently on individual tasks
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and interested in learning new skills
Position Length: 10-12 weeks starting at the beginning of June
Compensation: Interns will be paid hourly
uAspire is an equal opportunity employer, fully committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces and encourages applicants of every background. The company's policy regarding equal employment opportunity means that all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, benefits, wage and salary administration, scheduling, disciplinary action and termination will be made without unlawful discrimination on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Minimum Education Required