721 NW 9th Avenue, Suite 200
The Commercial Building Maintenance Technician performs a wide range of building maintenance tasks at the Natural Capital Center and the Redd campus. This position works alongside the Facilities Manager and an array of contractors to ensure the safety, cleanliness and smooth operation of all the Ecotrust facilities.
Our buildings house a diverse group of tenants from a bicycle-based delivery company to architects to a rapidly growing set of event centers. The Maintenance Technician works with all the members of our community to resolve building issues in a timely and efficient manner. The work is fast paced, ever changing, and requires a fair amount of flexibility.
Who we are: Ecotrust is powered by the vision of a world where people and nature thrive together. Since 1991, we have partnered with local communities from California to Alaska to build new ways of living and doing business. From forestry to finance, food access to green building, we work to advance social equity, economic opportunity, and environmental well-being. Together, we are making this place we live a home that we love. Learn more at ecotrust.org.
Ecotrust holds a deep commitment to equity and diversity as core principles integral to the work we do. As we add new members across all levels of the organization, we seek diverse perspectives that will add richness to our evolving organization and networks.
- Perform building maintenance tasks at the Natural Capital Center and the Redd campus
- Perform maintenance work including carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, drywall, and more
- Performs sanitation duties as needed following pre-established best practices and food safety regulations
- Engage with visitors to the building, providing wayfinding and building information as needed
- Work with Facilities Manager to prioritize daily tasks and ongoing projects, tracking all work within CMMS software
- Coordinate maintenance work with tenants, providing timely communication regarding scheduling and status updates
- Develop familiarity with HVAC and access control systems. Responsible for managing these systems in absence of the Facilities Manager
- Identify maintenance needs around buildings, create work orders, and coordinate with relevant parties
- Assist contractors, providing access and building information as needed
- Communicate issues of drug use, illegal drinking, camping, threats, violence, and graffiti to Ecotrust management, security, law enforcement and/or emergency services
- Participate in on-call rotation and be available to perform after-hours emergency maintenance
Qualifications / Transferable Skills
- You are aware of disparities faced by communities of color and you use your unique skills and voice to promote equity
- You excel in building maintenance or relevant skill set
- You have experience working with electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and/or HVAC
- You demonstrate commitment to safety and are proficient in safe working practices and PPE use
- You are proficient in safe operation of hand tools
- You are customer service oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- You have the ability to effectively communicate with building tenants and staff, remain calm under pressure and resolve building emergencies
- You have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- You can lift up to 60 pounds
- You are interested in Ecotrust’s mission to inspire fresh thinking that creates economic opportunity, social equity, and environmental well-being
*Transferable skills: any skills gained through education, work experience (including the military) or life experience that are relevant for this position. Be sure to describe any transferable skills on your application and clearly explain how they apply to this position.
This is a full-time position with on-call requirements. Ecotrust offers a full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life insurance, and disability coverage.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How To Apply:
Please follow these directions closely. Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form (available above as a PDF or Word DOC) and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume to email@example.com with this position’s title in the subject line by close of business on the day of the application deadline listed above. Your cover letter should clearly explain how your skills, experience, and interests fit this position.
The Selection Process:
1. Initial review of minimum qualifications
2. Supplemental question review
3. Interview (over the phone or Skype)
4. Consideration of top candidates (in-person hiring activities)
5. Reference checks