Details: Full-time salary range of $40,000 - $45,000/year
4816 SE 92nd
Portland YouthBuilders, PYB, is a small alternative high school and career development program dedicated to serving young adults, ages 17-24, who want to transform their lives. PYB’s focus is on assisting students to complete high school and prepare for post-secondary education, obtain career readiness skills, become critical thinkers and community leaders, develop viable career pathways, and succeed in placements in post-secondary education and/or employment in preparation for launching careers.
The Admissions Coordinator will be responsible for conducting community outreach and supporting young people through the application process to ensure the program is at full enrollment and eligible young people in the community are aware of this educational opportunity.
PYB seeks an Admissions Coordinator who is passionate about changing the lives of low-income, highly-barriered young people. PYB is looking for someone who is creative, enthusiastic, a strong communicator, enjoys being out in the community and is experienced working with a diverse clientele. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Reports To: Equity & Admissions Manager
Schedule: 40 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
Position Starts: Upon successful recruitment of applicant
Compensation: Full-time salary range of $40,000 - $45,000/year
Employment Status: Full-time, Regular, Exempt
Benefits: Seven weeks paid vacation- prorated in first year based on length of service; most state recognized holidays paid, plus 1 personal day per month; $600 per month contribution to cafeteria plan for health care benefits and/or retirement savings; Life & Long-Term Disability insurance; dynamic environment with great team of students and staff.
SUMMARY OF BROAD AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Design and implement a comprehensive community outreach strategy to attract an adequate pool of eligible program applicants including:
*implement marketing strategies to increase awareness of program
*increase visibility of program within communities we serve
*create, maintain and expand partnerships with referral organizations
· Support young people through the application process including:
*lead weekly informational sessions
*assess applicants’ eligibility
*communicate with referring school districts
*provide individualized assistance to applicants
*coordinate with other PYB departments
*maintain detailed applicant files and database
*administer educational testing
*support applicants during orientation process
QUALIFYING KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience will be considered
· Demonstrated experience in community outreach and recruitment
· Demonstrated experience in networking and/or developing community partnerships
· Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing creative/innovative marketing strategies
· Demonstrated experience, competency, and commitment to serving a diverse population
· Ability to inspire and motivate young people
· Outstanding communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills, multi-tasking abilities, and the ability to improvise and work through uncertainties.
· Capacity to collaborate with colleagues in order to facilitate student success
· Valid Oregon Driver’s License and strong driving record (position includes local travel for outreach activities)
· Bilingual preferred
· Previous experience in alternative/public education preferred
· Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug test
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: email resume and cover letter to Rana Uzzaman, Equity & Admissions Manager firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive until the position is filled. Please send your cover letter and resume as attachments (Word or PDF). No phone calls or visits please
For more information, visit our website at www.pybpdx.org.
Portland YouthBuilders’ mission connects us to people and communities across Portland. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, disability, veteran status, or any other classifications applicable by law. Portland YouthBuilders is committed to the diversity of our people, programs and services. The organization acts affirmatively in the employment and advancement of qualified people of color. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. TTY1-800-735-2900
PYB employees must successfully complete a criminal background and drug test check prior to employment. Portland YouthBuilders is a Drug Free Workplace and adheres to the requirements of the Drug Free Workplace Act. Portland YouthBuilders’ students and staff are subject to random drug tests.
o This program is funded 28% through a Federal award of $1.1 million from the U.S. Department of Labor – ETA for the YouthBuild Program Initiative.
o This program financed in whole (or in part) with funds provided through Worksystems, Inc. from the U.S. Department of Labor.
o PYB is an AmeriCorps program and students who are AmeriCorps members are eligible for an education award.